Lamb Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 7, 2017
Flint, Michigan
Ok, for starters. Should list the tools first.

1. UDS, which btw gave me trouble with running away on me from jump street. SO, t'was 3 ish hours in the UDS @ 240-280 degrees, then I panned, foiled, and rammed that sucker into the oven for the rest. I hate to admit that, but it's true.

RO bricks and Apple chunks. 240-280 for 3 hrs (not intentional), the oven @ 230 for about 90 mins, then cherry sauced and roasted @ 350 until IT of 195. <-- not my proudest cook, but she was on time <--

2. 2 racks of lamb ribs found on special from Wally world whilst I was hunting for a sound vide deal that never materialized. 13.61 for two racks. I'll take that

3. Always read that you could ram the spices into the lamb ribs and be fine. So I did. 1 treatment of standard poultry rub, another treatment of beef rub and a 3rd HEAVY treatment of rub I got from Christmas exchange and fresh rosemary.

The ribs we're deceptively fatty. As seen in below picture. Did major scoring on the racks, little did I know I wasn't even in the same universe.

SUMMARY: The ribs were amazing. They took a lot of work harvesting all of the unfamiliar cartilage, fat, and other what have you out. BUT when you got to that meat..... Whew..idk what else to say.

20181223_174119.jpg

One of two racks. The slower one as it turns out.

20181223_174313.jpg

That fat cap tho.... :oops:

20181223_174112.jpg

Cuts from the first rack.

TLDR; don't see a lot of lamb rack threads out there. Figured I'd throw one on the proverbial fire. Overall she was a winner

But things will be better next time. That's a promise.

Sure looks good. We don't see allot of lamb choices available around here. But after looking at those I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Point for sure.
Chris

The meat was nothing short of amazing. I'll just be a bit more on my trimming game the next time I do them.

I'd have to do the math honesty. For as much carving off as you end up with, I wonder if it isn't as cheap to buy LOL if it can be found on sale (not very often)

I get tired of seeing lamb for 10.00 and up per pound all year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky