June 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which entry earns your vote for the June 2010 Throwdown?

• Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smoked potato pizza

• Stuffed white sweet potato with smoked tomatoes, smoked bacon, and roasted green chili's

• Smoked Homemade Polish Sausage, Saurkraut, Tater, Pierogi with Fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra st

• Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

• Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños

• Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

• Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

• Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

• Bacon wrapped gold baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are correct it needs to be changed but that would not help for this contest and since the problem wasn't discovered in time we had to go with what we had to work with. It would be much easier for all the entries to have been listed in a poll and it would be less work for Sumosmoke as well but as was said it just couldn't be done and something can't be fixed or adjusted until it's discovered

Because the platform was set to have up to 10 choices in a poll no more so that means Huddler will need to make a change to allow more for us. That is something that is not instantly done and since it wasn't discovered until Sumosmoke tried to do this months poll just before a long holiday weekend she did the best she could with what she had to work with.
Piney no problem. I'm not laying blame on anyone including myself.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Its going to take a bit to work the kinks out of the new system and find all the little quirks. We will get the size of the polls taken care of and move on and hopefully get even more members involved in the Throwdowns.

Just so everyone knows.. I turned in a ticket last week to have the number of poll options changed. We obviously need to have a limit to the number of options but 10 is not the right number. I put in a request to bump it up to 20. I am not sure how long this will take but it will be done.

We did  not even notice this problem until this came up.. now that it did, change is happening.

I apologize for not catching this sooner but I suppose that is just par for the course.. you learn as you go.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Last edited:
If you read the first post by sumosmoke it states that the first two are not represented in the Poll.. That is because the poll will only accept 10 questions I presume...  Also #1 has been disqualified for rules violations.  The poll starts with plate #3 to vote for #2 you  must PM Sumosmoke...

Now I'm # 9 in first place WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

This is sumosmoke's first month as Events Coordinator and also the first month for two of the Judges.  Let's give them a chance to get squared away, what do you say. 

As with all new software you are going to experience some glitch you hadn't counted on.  That is something none of us on the Events Committee has any control of.

This is the start of bigger and better contests so please be patient.  We have found several things already that have been corrected on the posting of the entries and I am sure as time goes on we will find and correct more problems...

Those of you who dropped out it would have been a lot better if you had just PMed one of the members of the Event Committee with your complaints and given us a chance to act any complaints you have before disqualifying yourselves.

I would like to thank sumosmoke fro taking this on, I can guess it is a bit of work and hassle and the pay is less then low. 

Warren

Warren, and others, thank you for all of the support. We'll work on the kinks on the back end, but for now, let's see some more votes!!

Excellent entries by those that remain eligible for prizes as the the winner of one of the two categories. We're halfway through the voting period, hope to see more people support their favorite entry!

Sumosmoke and the others that set this up... THANKS... FOR .. ALL ... THE ... HARD.. WORK... as for me it is great fun ..win or lose.. no matter ... I had never entered a contest like this and it has been a learning experience as well AS TOTAL ENJOYMENT... my grandkids got into it and we made 3 or 4 entries till we decided on our favorite.. whats better than that?

AIN'T THIS A GRAND OLE HOLIDAY WE ARE CELEBRATING THIS WEEK END...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SMOKIN AND LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool.gif

I will disqualify myself until this gets resolved.  I am # 9 on the poll and # 11 in the pic. No hard feelings.
icon_cool.gif
** For those of you that may have voted for entry #9 (on the poll): Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls,Chile Verde, Mushroom Onion Tater Skins

You are eligible for a new vote. Since the poll won't allow two votes per user, please send me a PM with your 2nd choice.

You all did a fantastic job with this throwdown. I am literally suffering from hunger pains after looking at all the pics. Kudos and good luck to each one of you!!!

Bump , bump!!

With 53 votes, it looks as if we have a potential tie in the works!

Voting closes tonight, at midnight! Thanks for taking the time to participate!

Hats off to Sumosmoke!

She did her best in producing a 12 entry throwdown on a platform that would only allow 10 entries. Hopefully that will be cleared up by next month. Can't wait to show mine. Couldn't find anything on the web like it.

Bearcarver 

Will will definitely have a solution for the July Throwdown, regarding the poll entries. It was sad to see people pull out because of it, but hopefully they'll be back.

I will post the winners this afternoon by 5pm EST.

Hats off to Sumosmoke!

She did her best in producing a 12 entry throwdown on a platform that would only allow 10 entries. Hopefully that will be cleared up by next month. Can't wait to show mine. Couldn't find anything on the web like it.

Bearcarver 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky