June 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which entry earns your vote for the June 2010 Throwdown?

• Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smoked potato pizza

• Stuffed white sweet potato with smoked tomatoes, smoked bacon, and roasted green chili's

• Smoked Homemade Polish Sausage, Saurkraut, Tater, Pierogi with Fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra st

• Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

• Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños

• Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

• Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

• Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

• Bacon wrapped gold baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Entry #1 has been disqualified for violation of rule #5
5. Entries are to be submitted to me (Sumosmoke) via Private Message with ONE picture of your dish and a brief description of your entry. If your description is too long it may be edited to be more concise. Only one entry per person is eligible. Do NOT post your entries in the general forum until after the contest winners have been determined or you will be DISQUALIFIED. After you send me your picture please do not move or delete it from photobucket so that it will remain in the posted thread for future viewing.

Last edited:
I had a good one but I thought of it a bit late,  salisbury steak fattie stuffed with mashed tators and covered in mushroom gravy!!  Talk about comfort food!

OK, This is all messed up, the plates don't match the numbers. I say start all over.What number is what?

Last edited:
Let the voting begin for the Spud Throwdown!

The contestants did their job by thinking outside of the box and creating some delicious looking treats, all with SPUDS! Thank you to all that participated, and to those that thought about it.
smile.gif

Please note that the poll allows 10 entries and this month, we had 12. The first two entries will not be represented in the poll but can still receive votes!!! If anyone wants to vote for the 2 items that are not on the poll, please send me a PM with that vote. I realize that this can be painstaking but I will work with the Admins to see if we can increase the amount of lines we have in a poll. Until then, please accept this workaround.

Only 1 vote per SMF member. Votes are due by midnight EST 7/7/10!!

Entry #1 has been disqualified from the Throwdown - due to Rule #5.

2. Smoked potato double stuffed with bacon, yellow and orange bell pepper, cheese, wrapped with flank steak topped with gravy. **Entry is not represented in poll, please PM Sumosmoke to vote for this item!!**

ce71ffbf_Beef%20wrapped%20potato.jpg

3. Bird nest = Hash browns in a muffin tin topped with egg and a little magic dust. Smoked with plum wood & J.D.sausage patties topped with cheese. Served with Texas Toast.

3d3a78c6_Birds%20nests.jpg

4. Smoked potato pizza: Cold-smoked potatoes, baked, sliced, pan browned, and arranged into a circular pizza crust. Topped with smoked mozzarella & cherry tomatoes on the entire pizza, except half of the top one, to show viewers the potato slices. All additional toppings are smoked. They are (clockwise, starting at 3 O'clock)---Belly Bacon, Smoked Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Venison Bacon, Venison Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon.

f7c1b7cc_Smoked%20Pizza.jpg

5. Stuffed white sweet potato. Filled with smoke dried tomatoes and chopped applewood smoked bacon bits and roasted green chili's.

80e24427_CHINESEJUNK016.jpg

6. Smoked homemade polish sausage, saurkraut, tater filled pierogi with fresh herbs and roasted baby zebra striped beets

afa5ce97_Pierogie.jpg

7. Smoked potato with cheeses, bacon, sour cream, garlic, onion, oregano

96da9f94_Stuffed%20potato%20with%20sour%20cream.jpg

8. Potato coin hash browns, eggs, and jalapeños smoke at 250° with pecan

5568a54c_Potato%20Coin%20Casserole.jpg

9. Hickory Smoked Shepherds Pie

89f41d54_Shepherds%20Pie.jpg

10. Steak-stuffed, smoked, garlic mashed potato log

98c91bd2_Smoked%20potato%20log.jpg

11. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Tater Balls, Chile Verde, Mushroom, Onion, Tater Skins

1e76b6c4_bestone.jpg

12. Idaho baking potato stuffed with gold potatoes, and cheese and mushroom

9983416a_5806660c_IMG_4607.jpg

OK, This is all messed up, the plates don't match the numbers. I say start all over.What number is what?
If you read the first post by sumosmoke it states that the first two are not represented in the Poll.. That is because the poll will only accept 10 questions I presume...  Also #1 has been disqualified for rules violations.  The poll starts with plate #3 to vote for #2 you  must PM Sumosmoke...

All - the plate numbers never matched the poll numbers to start with. That, in itself, was my mistake.

As for starting over, entries represented in the poll were not affected by deleting entry #1, therefore let the voting continue.

Hey Bearcarver, did you actually smoke all those different items in your pizza?  If you did, you have my vote hands down!! That is some smokin' pizza!

All - the plate numbers never matched the poll numbers to start with. That, in itself, was my mistake.

As for starting over, entries represented in the poll were not affected by deleting entry #1, therefore let the voting continue.
Alright, just making sure I can still count.
icon_cool.gif
 Some days I'm the hydrant.

If it helps, the entries in the poll are pretty darn near, if not exact, the same as the descriptions above the pictures.

Hey Bearcarver, did you actually smoke all those different items in your pizza?  If you did, you have my vote hands down!! That is some smokin' pizza!
Bogeoklein - please go to the Roll Call section and introduce yourself. Interesting that your first post would be to try and take an anonymous poll and allege that an entry belongs to a particular member.

Another bump for the poll!

And, another reminder that Entry #2 is not represented on the poll. Please send me a PM if you'd like to vote for this entry!

2. Smoked potato double stuffed with bacon, yellow and orange bell pepper, cheese, wrapped with flank steak topped with gravy. **Entry is not represented in poll, please PM Sumosmoke to vote for this item!!**

b43e7c6c_Beef%20wrapped%20potato.jpg

Please note: due to recent (greatly appreciated) feedback, I've re-numbered the entries in the original throwdown post, to correlate with the poll #s.

For those that have additional thoughts/questions, please send a PM my way.

Happy 4th of July to all!

I will disqualify myself until this gets resolved.  I am # 9 on the poll and # 11 in the pic. No hard feelings.
icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
I will disqualify myself until this gets resolved.  I am # 9 on the poll and # 11 in the pic. No hard feelings.
icon_cool.gif
I am sorry you felt the need to disqualify yourself. If you look at the orignal thread #1, I edited the numbers of the entries to correlate with the positions in the poll, as you requested earlier. What is reflected in replies of the post when the #s did not match, is something I cannot control.

To others that may have difficulty putting the post together with the poll #, please let me know. I don't want anybody to feel as though they can't vote in this month's poll because the voting does not make sense.

i truly enjoy these throwdowns and get my entire family involved with them and get ideas to make,  we spend time testing and shooting  pictures and tasting,   but i agree that this months throwdown is a sham  ( last months was bad, we did not even get to see which entries were whose and what individual scores were)    my entry    #2  is not even included on the poll so noone an see how it compares to others and noone can vote for it unless they take the extra effort to figure out how to vote for it then they have to PM a vote in,   i think the format must be changed if this site wants to compete with the other big sites.  if this site is such a large site then why can only ten entries be allowed to enter?  what is the advantage of moving forward with new software if it cannot handle becoming a large site?

i am with meateater and will disqualify myself from this throwdown

and any future ones unless a format can be made to make it equal

how can all these entries be listted with numbers that dont even match the photos?

how can all these entries be listted with numbers that dont even match the photos?
For the 3rd time, the original thread #1 has the poll #s matching the entry #s. In fact, the poll doesn't even have #s to represent the entries. Except for yours, Rick, which is listed at the top, and has had updates via the thread when I have received votes on behalf of your entry. I have even re-bumped the thread with your entry, again, to make sure people are seeing it.

I apologize for that you felt your entry needed to be revealed, and thus disqualified.

For those that may be concerned with the pictures via the poll, they now, match the positions in the original thread.

i truly enjoy these throwdowns and get my entire family involved with them and get ideas to make,  we spend time testing and shooting  pictures and tasting,   but i agree that this months throwdown is a sham  ( last months was bad, we did not even get to see which entries were whose and what individual scores were)    my entry    #2  is not even included on the poll so noone an see how it compares to others and noone can vote for it unless they take the extra effort to figure out how to vote for it then they have to PM a vote in,   i think the format must be changed if this site wants to compete with the other big sites.  if this site is such a large site then why can only ten entries be allowed to enter?  what is the advantage of moving forward with new software if it cannot handle becoming a large site?

i am with meateater and will disqualify myself from this throwdown

and any future ones unless a format can be made to make it equal

Because the platform was set to have up to 10 choices in a poll no more so that means Huddler will need to make a change to allow more for us. That is something that is not instantly done and since it wasn't discovered until Sumosmoke tried to do this months poll just before a long holiday weekend she did the best she could with what she had to work with.

piney  dont mistake my comments,   i have not commentented against sumo at all,   i was just pointing out that the format needs to be changed so all entries are on a equal platform 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky