July Throwdown Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I asked my question originally it was to help get some clarification, with us being an international audience I knew that there was different views on the definition of a "noodle". I also was doing it to open the minds of people to think out of the box with seeing more options.

IMHO, If ravioli is "noodle", then so are pot stickers, and dumplings, -------- and wontons ----------. Creativity is meaningless unless there are limitations, and boundaries, especially if you re going to be doing comparative judging.

Which one is a better fruit, a tomato or a banana? they are both fruits.

What's wrong with just working with only noodles? Please, use your noodles. :-)

dcarch

Last edited:
I'm in, once I can get pasta all the noodling about the form of the not so secret ingredient!
laugh1.gif
Good one.

No. It is called "Noodle" but it does not fit what this throwdown calls for because the picture clearly shows in general the noodle shape that is required for this contest.

dcarch 
biggrin.gif

Dcarch lasagna by definition is a noodle. So my decision is yes its allowed.

1. [h3]
    noo·dle
      [/h3]

/ˈno͞odl/

Noun

1. A strip, ring, or tube of pasta or a similar dough.
    2. A stupid or silly person.

Synonyms

nincompoop - simpleton

Thanks Dave. I think this is a good description of it.

If someone wants to stuff a noodle with something then they can do so. I do not want everyone to give their ideas up in the public forum so please pm me if you are unsure so I can clear it and then there will be no DQ's.

Last edited:
The international noodle forum is going through the same issues with their smoked meat challenge... Can I use liquid smoke and call it smoked meat? Who knew monthly challenges could be so challenging LOL

OK, if I take authentic noodles and run them thru a blender to turn the noodles into a gravy for the dish -------------

(Just kidding 
jedismily.gif
---------
biggrin.gif
)

dcarch

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffed76
OK, if I take authentic noodles and run them thru a blender to turn the noodles into a gravy for the dish -------------

(Just kidding 
jedismily.gif
---------
biggrin.gif
)

dcarch
Don't give away your secret winning formula.....  sounds like a good idea to me....  

I love gravy and noodles..... noodle gravy would be AWESOME....

The international noodle forum is going through the same issues with their smoked meat challenge... Can I use liquid smoke and call it smoked meat? Who knew monthly challenges could be so challenging LOL
Now that jhst made me laugh out loud... thats funny stuff!
Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky