Jeffs Sauce and Rub Recipes

Discussion in 'Sauces, Rubs & Marinades' started by raybones, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I am really new here and have read a lot about his sauces and have been a little hesitant about spending the money for what sounds like 2 recipes. On the other hand it is simalar to purchasing a cookbook. Can anyone tell me how many recipes he has for the purchase price? I am really interested in them. Are they as good as the reviews?

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

In answer to your question you get one recipe for Jeff's rub and one for his BBQ sauce and yes they are both excellent. You may think that the price is a bit high, but take into consideration that the proceeds of the rub and sauce sales is what helps keep SMF up and running along with the Premier Membership subscription.

3. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Raybones,
    I was in the same boat...didn't know if it was worth it or what to expect...all I heard/read was "it's great". So I just didn't have a clue, but bought the recipes anyhow.

Well worth it! Haven't used anything else on my pork since I got the recipe, and I tried the sauce on Sunday, and it was delicious. You have my strong recommendation to place the order for your benefit AND you'll be helpin the site.

Just my 2 cents

4. harleyguy

harleyguy Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I just purchased Jeff's rub & sauce recipes yesterday. I have a couple of butts on the smoker right now with the rub on them.

5. placebo

placebo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's well worth the money IMO. I have learned so much from this site and that alone is worth the price he asks for his recipes. You won't be disappointed!

6. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I bought them both, the rub is great, I haven't tried the sauce yet, but I will, and I'm sure it is just as good, and you can doctor them up to suit your taste, I'm also a member of smf, I'm new to smoking foods, and there is a lot of people here with great input. I say purchase them you won't regret it. [​IMG]

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It is really easy the answer is YES the recipes are worth it and like dutch says it is one of the reasons this place is still here. I also support Jeff in most of his ventures. He does have allot of videos on the how to in smoking meat serious

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

They are both very good and well worth the money. I think you'll find buying the ingredients and making your own with the recipes will save you money before long the recipes pay for themselves

9. smokingriley

smokingriley Smoke Blower

I was in the same boat should I buy and are the reviews true? The answer is YES. I have been using it ever since I bought it. Just like the other guys say it goes toward a good cause, it keeps SMF open and working!

10. Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I think you've convinced me.

11. boiseque

boiseque Smoke Blower

I just ordered the resipes as well and signed up for the newsletter. I have not had one bad experience with any of Jeff's resipes and I dont expect I will either, the man has a gift for good BBQ![​IMG]

12. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

My only concern is that Jeff seems too skinny to be eating all the food he makes, whats the deal? lol

13. wyatt2050

wyatt2050 Fire Starter

If you order online does Jeff email you the recipes?

14. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

I gotta show this to my wife.. she thinks I need to lose weight[​IMG]

I'm just good at sucking it in for pictures and videos[​IMG]

15. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

when you buy he sent it to you in a download
    i have them and used them on all bbq they are great[​IMG]

16. tulsajeff

When you order the recipes, the system will automatically send you a download email with your password and download link.. if you don't see that within a few minutes or so, shoot me an email letting me know and I will send it to you manually. They also get caught in spam filter occasionally especially if you are on Yahoo, Comcast, MSN, Hotmail or AOL.

17. tulsajeff

Sorry mudduck.. looks like we posted at about the same time[​IMG]

18. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

jeff il give you some of mine i got to much lol

19. daver

daver Newbie

yes, with in minutes. I just ordered this week, but haven't prepared them yet

20. mudduck

mudduck Smoking Fanatic

thats ok i just won't hem to know how good it is i love it i just cut some of
    pepper