It's time for my 250 build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice, I'm impressed... that is a sweet smoke pit!

What I really like about the double doors is I think it makes it easier for a whole hog smoke...

Dang raptor, every time I see pics of your build it reminds me of the 1st generation Lang's that were build from old tanks. I've got meownself talked into doing some slide out racks on my Lang ~maybe I ought to think about cutting in a door on the other side.

Raptor.........  WOW what a nice one. would love to get some dimension for my new start 250 gal propane tank build .  Thanks, gyeakle

Dang raptor, every time I see pics of your build it reminds me of the 1st generation Lang's that were build from old tanks. I've got meownself talked into doing some slide out racks on my Lang ~maybe I ought to think about cutting in a door on the other side.
I'm glad I made it with the double doors and the slide out racks, I can pull the top rack out for smokin turkeys, pigs, or any larger cuts of meat. It does look like the old langs and it cooks as good as one. It holds the same temp from end to end and from the bottom rack to the top rack.

Raptor.........  WOW what a nice one. would love to get some dimension for my new start 250 gal propane tank build .  Thanks, gyeakle
Thanks gyeakle, Just let me know and i'll help any way I can.

raptor, May i ask how far in you cut the tank for the fire box and what is the size of your fire box, and how far from the bottom of the tank is the bottom plate .also the gap at the at the end of the tank . also how is it working ? Thanks,

oh..... nice looking 350

My FB is 24"x24"x24", The calculator called for a 24"x24"x30" but I didn't have enough steel to do it. It works great the way it is.I cut the tank 9" from top and 9" from the bottom. after I cut the opening from FB to cook chamber I figured the square inches of the opening and used the same sq inches on the end of the plate.

My RF plate is 4½" below my bottom rack, which is the top of my FB, (if that makes any since)

It works great, the best smoker i've ever used! RF is the way to go.

Raptor my friend, that is one sweet looking RF Smoker, it looks to me as if you thought of everything from the handles on the doors to the shields on the inside of the thermometers, the position of the trailer jack to the new finders on the rig.  That is one fantastic build and one I doubt you could find mass produced anywhere.  Raptor, if you figure you time at $7.25 per hour for 145 hours that comes out to an additional $1,051.25 to add on to the build, I am sure that you could have made much more than that even if you had to take in outside work in your shop! LOL.  But you have to allow something for all the fun you had doing it!  Can't wait to see more Q-View pic's of you doing some major smokes in that animal.  Take good care of it and it will be around with you for a very long time my friend!  May all your Smokes be GREAT!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Seeing the foam box makes me think you are at a contest Raptor? 

But I see no garnish?

The food looks awesome man!!!!!

Beautiful job on the rig there Rap !!!!!

And that food on post #69 looks nothing short of PERFECT !!!

Bear

It's been 1 year since I embarked on my quest for my 250 smoker, As I look back on it, It was a great adventure

and an awesome learning experience.

I know there are many members wanting to build their own smokers and are intimidated by the thought of producing a perfect

smoking machine.

I encourage all my fellow smokers to go forth and create your image of what your perfect smoking machine is.

You will not be disappointed.

I got a lot of laughs reading your build story..

I lived in Atlanta then.

When we decided to move close I said I gotta meet this guy that laughs at electrocuting his friends...

Great to know ya neighbor!!

Craig

Hey now,,,,,theres nothing wrong with a little shock every now and then,  LMAO

Been there done that with my neighbor........he was holding my ladder rack, while raining, and lighting,,,,,,bout the time a giant bolt of lighting hits, he jumps, and I yell quit moving I got a good bead going. 

OMG LMAO after I finished he went on to explain that is arms and feet were tingling,,,,,, LOL thats why he kept moving. A little DC is good for ya once in a while.

I got a lot of laughs reading your build story..

I lived in Atlanta then.

When we decided to move close I said I gotta meet this guy that laughs at electrocuting his friends...

I'm glad your my friend......
yeahthat.gif

laugh1.gif

Great to know ya neighbor!!

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky