It's time for my 250 build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's coming along slowly, been a little busy lately. Got the axle shortend, trailer square,  working on moving the leaf springs out 12". Hope to have it done in a day or two !
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif
8dc47117_trailer%20014.jpg
fa47c01b_trailer%20015.jpg
f5059399_trailer%20013.jpg

Nice work raptor,

I can't tell from the pics, did you weld new spindles in or did you cut and weld the axle back together? I see the fish plates on the frame and the excavator bucket in the background. Do you do equipment repair?

Thanks Tom,I cut the axle, put the spindle in the lathe and brought it back to size, and rewelded. It is nice to have the right tools for the job :) As far as equip. repair, I do. I have a heavy equip buisness and things always break, bend or splinter (LOL)

Nice work raptor,

I can't tell from the pics, did you weld new spindles in or did you cut and weld the axle back together? I see the fish plates on the frame and the excavator bucket in the background. Do you do equipment repair?

Did some fitting and measuring for tank mounts. Getting the firebox centered. Hopefully I can start cutting the tank tomorow! It's coming along slowly but it will be producing some great Q-veiws real soon!!     
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
1e509cd0_tank%20014.jpg
2223a0f7_tank%20010.jpg
d1b0a96d_tank%20009.jpg
e9a74644_tank%20006.jpg
e55dd618_tank%20015.jpg

I made a little progress, The rain has been holding me back a little. My helper started getting a shock so we called it a day!  Atleast I have the FB welded in place and maybe (weather permiting) I can finish cutting the doors tomorrow!
29487c45_rib5002.jpg
3652e7cc_rib5022.jpg

Lookin' Great Raptor!

However, you're gonna have to put a drop hitch on that truck, or your firebox will be bottoming out!  
icon_mrgreen.gif

Bear

Well, I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. I had planned on using three hinges on each door, But when I got to this stage of the build I realized I liked the idea of four! So I had to order 2 more today! I Did cut one of the doors and got it opened up, Atleast I can work on the RF plate while I'm waiting on the Hinges!
a362444e_rib5008.jpg
a731aed7_rib5005.jpg

Four hinges tests your talent more, as far as alignment without binding. Kinda like a 3 or 4 legged stool. A 4 legged stool will almost always wobble. A 3 legged stool will never wobble.

Lookin' real good,

Bear

Looking good Raptor, coming along like a fine work of art. I notice that you have no problem at all when it comes to heavy lifting, LOL.

Getting closer every day raptor, thats similar to what I want to do with my handles.

Nice work.

Lookin Great. 

I have noticed that if you want those style handles, buying cheap chippers is the way to go.  A lot cheaper than buying the grips buy them selves.  Also found some cheap fireplace tools that had them also and those had long shafts to work with.  I will be doing the same thing on future builds.

Looks like a great day to do a burn out! I thuoght I would burn out the tank before I install the RF plate. I used a1/4 cord of Hickory and let it burn for 24 Hrs
a89e671f_burn009.jpg
73696c3a_burn008.jpg
b7c2881a_burn006.jpg

WOW! thats a pile of wood.

With a fire like that a person could have roasted 4 or 5 hundred bags of marshmallows.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky