Introduction

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by coach tom, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Hello to all!
    My name is Tom Jakobic. Just joined yesterday, but have been looking for a few days now. I reside in Erie, Pa. and my livlyhood involves the manufacture of Locomotives. I am 53 yr's old
    Just finnished Jeffs 5 day e-coarse.(that was great)!
    Been reading with "great intrest" on the different methods to smoke..charcoal,wood chunks/chips, electric, gas/propane and then the different vessels themselves. WOW.
    Owned & operated a restaurant for 3 yr's but no smoking there.
    My 2 smokers....one that my Dad built in 1974! (had it stored, covered in the garage) for 25 years! I finally put in in service. This uses charcoal with wood chunks. It looks like a dog house on top of a whiskey barrel.. My other is a Luhr Jensen "Little Chief" also old as hell, to which I swapped out the element with a 800 watt hotplate for more heat. Winters here in Erie are Bbrrr cold. ..Sorry for the long intro, but anxious to learn from all!

2. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

thats some GREAT info AND into.............BUT you must remeber q-view........we LOVE pics..........how bout some pics of that smoker your dad built

welcome

d8de

3. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF Tom, I'm a short ride down interstare 79 from you. You found the best place on the web for smokin stuff. Any questions you have can be answered by someone on here. This site is full of super knowledgeable folks willing to help out.

I'm glad to see another pennsylvanian join SMF[​IMG]

4. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard the SMF!! You are going to love it here. I'd like to see a pic of that old smoker when you get a chance [​IMG]

5. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I am also curious what that smoker looks like.[​IMG]

6. Thank's to all for the warm replies!
    I will take some pic's tomorrow. Duh...how do I put them on the site?? Thank's

7. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from Montana, I had a hard time with pictures. Try this with the photobucket site. It works for me. [​IMG] Terry
    When you up load your picture to photo bucket from your computer you should have several options below it, click on the IMG code line which will automatically copy the link for you. now go to your post and right click in the body of your post and hit paste. that will show up as a link while you are typing the message to post, but, that should show the picture in the posted message.
    when up loading pictures to photo bucket:
    resizing them: when I want a decent sized picture, click edit, click the next to the biggest size, it is, message board, 640X480. when I move pictures from my computer to photo bucket, I think that I highlighted the picture, or clicked on it, then click Options and click message board, do this after I have moved them to the browse boxes.
    to post multiple pictures, there is a is small icon above the SMF logo. It says, multiple tabs, click it, and then click which ever tab you need to go to, it would either be, the photo bucket site, or the smoking meat forum site. Just switch back and forth until you get all of your photos transferred to your post.
    I always start my post then downsize the SMF site, I then open up the photo bucket site, and proceeds with the above directions, then I go to the multiple tabs button to get back to the SMF site.

8. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF

9. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Welcome Aboard Tom -

As you've already noticed folks are always willing to help here and make you feel at home. If you have any questions just post them and we'll be there shortly to answer them. Enjoy!

10. redbrinkman1955

redbrinkman1955 Smoking Fanatic

Sounds like you have some good smokers can't wait to see the pics
    God Luck and Good smoking
    Redbrinkman1955[​IMG]

11. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

12. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to smf. looking forward to you smoking adventures.

13. scotty

scotty Smoking Fanatic

welcome

and im dying to see what the doghouse looks like also[​IMG]

14. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Tom looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

Enjoy!!

15. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF Coach Tom. You are the second Coach Tom I've met, the first one is a tennis coach.

Lots of nice folks here and tons of good information.[​IMG]

16. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Family[​IMG]

17. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Coach Tom!...Welcome to the SMF!...[​IMG]...Glad to have you aboard!...You're gonna love it here!...

Until later...

18. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Tom, you're gonna love it here! Can't wait to see some pix of your smokers, and maybe some pix of the locomotives you build... I love trains! [​IMG]

19. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome! The dog house description is very tantalizing!

20. Hi to all and again many thanks for the warm welcome. Jeff's 5 day e-coarse got me off and running here. Being new I just want to keep quite, ask q's to learn more.
    Pictures of the "Dog House" smoker will be forthcomming", just registered at photobucket. I'm a little slow sometimes. hahaha