I'm getting bored with chicken, ribs, beef and butts ( Creative Ideas Welcomed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smoked Frog Legs!!! Then again, tastes like chicken? LOL...but seriously, Saw someone post a recipe for them on here not that long ago. Looked really good. I usually saute them in garlic butter or blacken them. Grilled some a long time ago and they were good too. Maybe brine and smoke a turkey breast??? And I'm with Mule, fish!! Swordfish steaks to be precise. Smoked duck maybe?? Just some thoughts....

Steve
frog legs..would be great on the smoker.. yum. Just season with some cajun(maybe add a little brown sugar) ... smoke like ya would wings.. yum yum!

Smoked Frog Legs!!! Then again, tastes like chicken? LOL...but seriously, Saw someone post a recipe for them on here not that long ago. Looked really good. I usually saute them in garlic butter or blacken them. Grilled some a long time ago and they were good too. Maybe brine and smoke a turkey breast??? And I'm with Mule, fish!! Swordfish steaks to be precise. Smoked duck maybe?? Just some thoughts....

Steve
Yep, frog legs made my list, thank you!

And I have yet to try fish on the smoker. I love some trout.. and cosco always has whole cleaned trout available.. my SBL (smoke bucket list) just gets longer and longer.. I NEED MORE TIME TO DO MY SBL!... maybe I should quit my job
.lol..

Hiya, there not that great ideas, but do you fancy - Spiced leg of lamb?  Tandoori Fish? Tandoori Chicken?  I have the recipes for these somewhere, I can supply them if your interested.

damn it....i want frog legs right now! 
th_crybaby2.gif

Hello FWI.  Hello Gary.  Firstly I prefer frogs legs rolled in cornmeal and flour and fried, just my pref.  FWI I think Gary hit a homerun with the leg of lamb or kid goat.  I am NOT a fan of Indian food or most of their spicing as it can be a little sweet for me.  Being from Texas I had never tried lamb.  My British wife and friends like it so I had it oven cooked once--  NO THANK YOU!!  Then I thought what about the GRILL and MY way of cooking.  I will say it ain't bad at all and I have cooked it more than once ( Please don't tell my Tx. brothers I actually put sheep on my grill and I WILL deny it even under torture 
icon_biggrin.gif
).  Lamb will handle serious spices and rubs as it has a little wild taste.  A brisket or game rub will work.  The one thing I will offer is that I would grill,  HOT and fast and serve no more than medium rare.  I can't give you IT but you know what your doin.  My only other idea is that there all ALL sorts of exotic meats out there but most will be game.  Let us know what you come up with.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

How about gator tail? It's good grilled after marinated in buttermilk and rosemary and seasoned with cajun or creole seasoning. Gotta be good smoked or maybe even reverse seared.

NOW David.  I think you are just being silly now.  I don't think you can smoke lettuce.  But I am pretty sure you can smoke tomatoes,  a little smoked cheese and smoked ham or bacon or both, you see where I am goin here? 
banana_smiley.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I've been wanting to try a smoked beef tongue, just haven't found a recipe that someone else has had good luck with. 

I've done beef heart, cut into strips, rubbed, then wrapped in bacon. Don't remember the cook time, I think I just pulled them when the bacon was crisped to my liking. They were pretty darn good...

I've smoked eggs before, sometimes placed raw in the smoker, other times boiled and shelled first. Makes a good deviled egg.

Smoked jalapenos wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream/cheddar cheese are always a hit. I've even done habaneros that way. I intend to try it with ghost peppers if I can some decent sized ones out of my friend's garden this year.

If you can get a hold of some boudin, this fantastic smoked.

How about cold smoked letuce? For a all smoked salad?

David
You bet David,  Having a smoked tuna salad for supper tonight, smoking the lettuce leaves. It's so dang hot here, just looking for something cool.

Actually if it can be consumed, it can be smoked.  Converted a few to smoked beer at a outing this past weekend. 

FWI, go into the grocery, close your eyes, spin around a few times, point, open your eyes and whatever you are pointing at, smoke it. 

Tom

Mr. Tom I deleted that post cause I thought you were jerkin my chain but I should have KNOWN better.  Like I said before, if you say it can be done I am interested.  Sorry to hijack this thread.  I'll shut up now.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Mr. Tom I deleted that post cause I thought you were jerkin my chain but I should have KNOWN better.  Like I said before, if you say it can be done I am interested.  Sorry to hijack this thread.  I'll shut up now.  Keep Smokin!

Danny
Danny, do to the subject, you aren't hijacking the thread as I'm sure FWI would be interested.  I will start a new thread though as not to hijack this one.

FWI is just getting antsy waiting for the corn to come in. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Tom 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky