I'm getting bored with chicken, ribs, beef and butts ( Creative Ideas Welcomed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
Thinking of trying some more different things. How's smoker sausage rolls sound or burritos?  I'll take any  out of the ordinary suggestions you might have for main dishes to try either on the grill or smoker...  If not it'll be a long summer.

Here's what i have so far.

Burritos

Sausage roll (with mushrooms and onions) mmmm 

Meatloaf

Hamburger pie (you might call it shepherds pie)

Pork tenderloin hammered thin, dipped in egg wash plus breading and fried on over the grill?

Frog legs... Thanks Roadkill

Last edited:
I saw on here a while back Beef Tongue and have been wanting to try that. You should give it a try first. :)

I just read something about 'pizza rolls' and didn't realize that in West Virginia these things are like semi-sacred and I did see somebody using split sausages in them. Now, I've been wanting to try pizza on the stone in the grill, so now wondering how these pizza rolls would be on the grill....hmmmmmmmm

Most anything you would do in your oven you can do in a smoker.

Scalloped potato's

Twice smoked potato

Casserols of all types

use the smoked meat in burritos, tacos, stir fry, pizza, ect. ect.

burritos = one of the above

sausage roll = pork

meatloaf= beef. 

hamburger pie = beef

So with that said. They are all out. So i'm thinking fish With freash veggies.

Happy smoken.

David
You know what i mean Mr Mule
hit.gif
    LOL   Any main dishes can have beef, pork etc....  

Most anything you would do in your oven you can do in a smoker.

Scalloped potato's

Twice smoked potato

Casserols of all types

use the smoked meat in burritos, tacos, stir fry, pizza, ect. ect.
Always good to use smoked meats in those dishes but i'm also thinking of cooking all of those things on the grill/ in the smoker....Kind of like camping. 

Gotta wonder how you eat those chicken ribs? Do you have really big chickens or do you just eat a lot of chicken ribs?

Im still waiting with you as well on this... I love beef tongue. .. just never attempted to cook it.
I had it once as a kid and iirc no one liked it...but i was like 6 so i'm game to re try it. 
Maybe ill try it this weekend. I think I remember reading you need to boil the tongue to remove the tough skin... and I would assume after its removed. Apply some rub. Probably bacon cause I wouldnt think the tongue has alot of marbling. .. and take it to an IT to slice?

Smoked Frog Legs!!! Then again, tastes like chicken? LOL...but seriously, Saw someone post a recipe for them on here not that long ago. Looked really good. I usually saute them in garlic butter or blacken them. Grilled some a long time ago and they were good too. Maybe brine and smoke a turkey breast??? And I'm with Mule, fish!! Swordfish steaks to be precise. Smoked duck maybe?? Just some thoughts....

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky