IDevice IGrill2 Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've had bad luck getting it to work on my android device.  I borrow the wifes' ipad when I want to use the igrill. 

That was a big disappointment as I called them specifically to check on the android compatibility prior to purchase.  They assured me it would work.  Maybe my android device is too old.  (I doubt that)

I've had bad luck getting it to work on my android device.  I borrow the wifes' ipad when I want to use the igrill. 

That was a big disappointment as I called them specifically to check on the android compatibility prior to purchase.  They assured me it would work.  Maybe my android device is too old.  (I doubt that)
What androi device are you using? I have never had a problem on my s5.  Are you using the idevices connected app? The other igrill app will not work with androids.  

Sorry if this has been addressed, I'm a latecomer to the discussion. Can the multi-probe models monitor smoker box as well as meat temps?

I just received my iGrill2 this week. Ordered from Amazon with the additional ambient probe to monitor smoker box. Paid just over $100 for all. My kitchen and family room are close to the deck where we smoke so I haven't lost signal but you will lose it going anywhere else in the house. Other than that I'm liking it. I'm using my husbands old iPhone 4s just for the iGrill monitor.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bair View Post

Sorry if this has been addressed, I'm a latecomer to the discussion. Can the multi-probe models monitor smoker box as well as meat temps?
Yes but u have to order the ambient temp prob separate I think I had to give $25 for mine. And you can only get it from there web site

Got a pair of thw igrill2 systems from Amazon. Each unit $65.00. Downloaded the Android application to phone and tablet. Both work well. And I was able to monitor both units from within the app. Took a couple times to get it dialled im

I just purchased and igrill2 also from amazon and was curious if you could connect it to an ipad and if that ipad is synced with your phone are you able to monitor through the cloud? I don't have an ipad so I can't try it myself and would rather know if someone has tried it before I go and buy one.

Yes you can sync with an Ipad.   I don't know how you are syncing your phone and Ipad over the cloud.  Does it work like a live screen mirror, or more a remote drive?  

If it screen mirrors, then you should be able to, but I'm just guessing.

I like my igrill2. I use it with my Kindle. I don't demand much from it. I'm not too demanding of what I want. I use it to display what my temps are on a nice large display. I do wish that you could change the scale on the graph viewed which I'd like to do. Mine will work into the house and down the hall to my office but after awhile it loses it's connection. So I typically leave it in the kitchen or living room 15-30 ft away. Saves me going down steps and outside.

Igrill2 was not accurate over Christmas!! I set up 4 probes in a boneless prime rib. The meat was very uniform in mass. The probes had a 20 degree tempurature spread. I traded connections and positions in the meat and on the base unit. For reference I used my old Maverick 732 and a Thermapen. The iGrill2 was 12-15 degrees higher. Maverick and Thermapen were within 1 degree of each other. I will be contacting iDevices Monday. Either get it fixed or get a refund.

And for those interested the meat probe is not accurate as an ambient probe. Also, Maverick probes and iGrill probes will not interchange.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky