IDevice IGrill2 Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I should mention that my Igrill2 has been performing flawlessly since I got it. I tested it again last night prior to using t and it is still where it should be.

The ambient probes are specifically designed to be used in higher temp environments. And give a more stable reading than if you were to use the meat probe as one. This is true for the Maveric also. I'd have to dig back in my old maverick stuff but somewhere in their manual they recommend using the ambient probe for that reason too. I too struggled with the what should I get when I ordered mine. Since I wanted to monitor two Mini-WSM smokers I decided to get two ambient probes to go with mine. It has worked out great. I very rarely need more than two meat probes. For when I do I bought a quick probe. My thinking here is that most like sized meat will be fairly close in temp to what is probed. I can take a quick reading to verify. I purchased a Thermowand by Lava Tools. Similar to a Thermapen but a lot less expensive. There are several threads here on these too.

So in short yes there is a difference in the ambient probes and the meat probes so I would get an ambient probe. To save on shipping I'd also get the fourth probe. If you don't need to monitor multiple pit temps then get another meat probe.
Thanks dirtsailor!

i got one in november for my thanksgiving turkey worked awesome i love it but haven't been able to use it very much as i live in gthe northeast NH rite now its 10 minutes of 4 pm and its a balmy 18 deg dropping to below 0 tonight pulling my hair out trying to get a chance to smoke some meat 

i got one in november for my thanksgiving turkey worked awesome i love it but haven't been able to use it very much as i live in gthe northeast NH rite now its 10 minutes of 4 pm and its a balmy 18 deg dropping to below 0 tonight pulling my hair out trying to get a chance to smoke some meat 
Perfect time for some cold smoking! cure up some bacon, or smoke some cheese! Over here in the PNW we missed winter. If we dont get some snow soon we're gonna be having a dry summer, not a good thing at all.

Hows the android app?
Im thinking of getting one for my uds.
159$ for igrill2 3 meat probes and 1 pit probe.
only difference is the Bluetooth from the maverick?
I mean what's real differances? Mav has far more range.

Hows the android app?
Im thinking of getting one for my uds.
159$ for igrill2 3 meat probes and 1 pit probe.
only difference is the Bluetooth from the maverick?
I mean what's real differances? Mav has far more range.
Setting the temps and alarms is light ages ahead of the MAV. There is also the graphing you can look at and export if you want. Honestly I get the same range from my iGrill2 as I do my Mav around my house. iGrill has rumored releasing a wifi app at some point.

Yes I have the MAV 732 and the iGrill2. I had the original iGrill but gave that to my cousin when I upgraded to the iGrill2. I honestly rarely use the MAV anymore. I like the features on the iGrill better.

The ambient probes are specifically designed to be used in higher temp environments. And give a more stable reading than if you were to use the meat probe as one. This is true for the Maveric also. I'd have to dig back in my old maverick stuff but somewhere in their manual they recommend using the ambient probe for that reason too. I too struggled with the what should I get when I ordered mine. Since I wanted to monitor two Mini-WSM smokers I decided to get two ambient probes to go with mine. It has worked out great. I very rarely need more than two meat probes. For when I do I bought a quick probe. My thinking here is that most like sized meat will be fairly close in temp to what is probed. I can take a quick reading to verify. I purchased a Thermowand by Lava Tools. Similar to a Thermapen but a lot less expensive. There are several threads here on these too.

So in short yes there is a difference in the ambient probes and the meat probes so I would get an ambient probe. To save on shipping I'd also get the fourth probe. If you don't need to monitor multiple pit temps then get another meat probe.
Thank you Dirt Sailor! I will be placing an order in the next few days.

I have had my iGrill2 for about a month now and I am very happy with its performance. It's nice having the ambient probe and the flexibility to add three additional probes. I have had no issues with the Blue Tooth connection. I might also mention that I actually have 2 of these; I purchased one directly from the company; and then I came across a deal at one of our local Sam's Club here in Kansas City. They are selling the iGrill2 with 4 probes for $49.81. This is for real, I purchased and extra one for myself, one for my son and another for my son-in-law who lives in Ohio. Just could not pass-up such a great deal!

I have had my iGrill2 for about a month now and I am very happy with its performance. It's nice having the ambient probe and the flexibility to add three additional probes. I have had no issues with the Blue Tooth connection. I might also mention that I actually have 2 of these; I purchased one directly from the company; and then I came across a deal at one of our local Sam's Club here in Kansas City. They are selling the iGrill2 with 4 probes for $49.81. This is for real, I purchased and extra one for myself, one for my son and another for my son-in-law who lives in Ohio. Just could not pass-up such a great deal!
Wow! that's a fantastic price! Our Lowes started carrying them, but not for that price!

Yes, it is a great price. I paid $99 for the iGrill2 with 2 probes; and then I paid $25 for the ambient probe. What I got a Sam's with the 4 probes is basically 1/3 of the price. 

Noticed iGrill happened to post this on their Facebook page today.  iGrill2 limited edition sale, includes iGrill2 plus 4 temp probes, for $139 plus free shipping in the US.  Have to say if I didn't already have one I'd be chomping at the bit for this.. Oh wait, I already am.. 
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Noticed iGrill happened to post this on their Facebook page today.  iGrill2 limited edition sale, includes iGrill2 plus 4 temp probes, for $139 plus free shipping in the US.  Have to say if I didn't already have one I'd be chomping at the bit for this.. Oh wait, I already am.. 
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
Hey Gavin! Thank you for the heads up! I visited their page on facebook, clicked on the promo, and bought a set off their site. all in all, saved a little via the discount (like 15 off for shipping + the actual discount). More money for meat.

I was looking to get 1 ambient temp probe but they seem to be out of stock. No issues, ill just use the meat probe to record ambient temp. If its anything like the maverick... should work just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky