IDevice IGrill2 Thermometer

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by dudebrodude73, Apr 26, 2014.

1. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I should mention that my Igrill2 has been performing flawlessly since I got it. I tested it again last night prior to using t and it is still where it should be.

2. Thanks dirtsailor!

3. i got one in november for my thanksgiving turkey worked awesome i love it but haven't been able to use it very much as i live in gthe northeast NH rite now its 10 minutes of 4 pm and its a balmy 18 deg dropping to below 0 tonight pulling my hair out trying to get a chance to smoke some meat 

4. dirtsailor2003

Perfect time for some cold smoking! cure up some bacon, or smoke some cheese! Over here in the PNW we missed winter. If we dont get some snow soon we're gonna be having a dry summer, not a good thing at all.

5. How is the range on the iGrill?

seems like i have had problems with bluetooth connections over much distances

6. it depends on how many objects are between you and the igrill 

7. i have used it on zero deg days and still have not had a problem

8. dizzybbq18

dizzybbq18 Newbie

Hows the android app?
    Im thinking of getting one for my uds.
    159$ for igrill2 3 meat probes and 1 pit probe.
    only difference is the Bluetooth from the maverick?
    I mean what's real differances? Mav has far more range.

9. dizzybbq18

dizzybbq18 Newbie

Id use it for android.

10. dirtsailor2003

Setting the temps and alarms is light ages ahead of the MAV. There is also the graphing you can look at and export if you want. Honestly I get the same range from my iGrill2 as I do my Mav around my house. iGrill has rumored releasing a wifi app at some point.

11. dizzybbq18

dizzybbq18 Newbie

So you do have both?
    Trying to find people that can tell me which is better.

12. dirtsailor2003

Yes I have the MAV 732 and the iGrill2. I had the original iGrill but gave that to my cousin when I upgraded to the iGrill2. I honestly rarely use the MAV anymore. I like the features on the iGrill better.

13. dizzybbq18

dizzybbq18 Newbie

U have iPhone?
    How good is the range heardnitnsucks

14. dirtsailor2003

I can walk all around my house, property, and down the street to the mailbox and not loose the connection.

15. Thank you Dirt Sailor! I will be placing an order in the next few days.

16. I have had my iGrill2 for about a month now and I am very happy with its performance. It's nice having the ambient probe and the flexibility to add three additional probes. I have had no issues with the Blue Tooth connection. I might also mention that I actually have 2 of these; I purchased one directly from the company; and then I came across a deal at one of our local Sam's Club here in Kansas City. They are selling the iGrill2 with 4 probes for $49.81. This is for real, I purchased and extra one for myself, one for my son and another for my son-in-law who lives in Ohio. Just could not pass-up such a great deal!

17. dirtsailor2003

Wow! that's a fantastic price! Our Lowes started carrying them, but not for that price!

18. Yes, it is a great price. I paid $99 for the iGrill2 with 2 probes; and then I paid $25 for the ambient probe. What I got a Sam's with the 4 probes is basically 1/3 of the price. 

19. Noticed iGrill happened to post this on their Facebook page today.  iGrill2 limited edition sale, includes iGrill2 plus 4 temp probes, for $139 plus free shipping in the US.  Have to say if I didn't already have one I'd be chomping at the bit for this.. Oh wait, I already am.. [​IMG]

20. Hey Gavin! Thank you for the heads up! I visited their page on facebook, clicked on the promo, and bought a set off their site. all in all, saved a little via the discount (like 15 off for shipping + the actual discount). More money for meat.

I was looking to get 1 ambient temp probe but they seem to be out of stock. No issues, ill just use the meat probe to record ambient temp. If its anything like the maverick... should work just fine.