I have a smoking problem I am definately addicted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mc73

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
I live in Santaquin, Utah
I am very new to smoking and but can't get enough! I have a Brinkman electric smoker ( I figured I would go cheap to get started ) It's been fun. I would eventually like to get a nice charcoal smoker but until I can get my head around the basics my little Brinkman will do. I am from Santaquin Utah I know what your thinking all great BBQ comes from Utah. J/K. I am currently a student in the Respiratory therapy program 3 months left. My day job is construction Framing, concrete, finish work not a lot of work now a days. I have a wife and 3 kids anyways Ineed a lot ofhelp so bare with me because I will ask a lot of questions. Thanks

Welcome, the only cure is to get a bigger smoker so you can smoke more!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF. Sounds like you have a full plate working school and family - you may have to give up the day job so you can smoke - LOL

Welcome to the site Mc.
I started out on a little red Brinkman Electric gourmet and produced many good smokes.
Any questions you have just ask away, there will always be great folks around who are more than happy to help out.

Addiction to smoking? That's not a problem! That's an adventure!

Welcome to the addiction...just hold on tight, 'cause it'll be a wild ride! LOLOLOL!!!!!!

Don't sweat the questions, that's what we're all here for...sharing our experiences and methods so everyone can get in on the fun and great eats!

Enjoy!

Eric

First off welcome Mc73 to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Bingo! This is one of the few addictions we can feed! Welcome to the SMF, a safe haven for the addicted and afflicted of which I am chief!
icon_redface.gif

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome, great to have you with us. Many many great people here, with tons of smoking know-how. Ask all the questions you can, were all here to help you out.

There is something a bit humorous about being in the field of Respiratory Therapy and sitting on the back porch tending a smoker and enhaling all the goodness for hours.....

That begs the serious question - Is that bad for us? Because I can tell you after a good 5 or 6 hour rib smoke, my clothes and body are very well scented. I can only imagine the depth of my smoke ring!!
icon_cool.gif

Welcome aboard!

Ted

Congratulations!
You've taken the first step if, like me:
1. You start planning your day around your planned smoke.
2. Your back yard looks like a lumber yard with all the different types of wood stacked neatly, covered and labeled.
3. You try a new rub or recipe and on each on you say, "Darn, that's the best yet!" (then you really don't remember which one is the best, unless)
4. You build a database to keep track of all your smokes; you keep track of what you smoked, with what wood, rub, temp and all the info for future smokes.
5. Neighbors and relatives call you up or just show up to see what's smokin today (with dish and utensils in hand).
6. You -always- make sure the batteries are charged for the digital camera.
7. And finally: the wife quits cooking
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
and asks after dinner the night before, what are you smoking tomorrow?

Well, that's the way it went for me... And I thought my Jeep Wrangler YJ was an addiction...
Welcome aboard!

Ray

Welcome to SMF Mc73. WE are working with Surgeon General C. Everett Coop to find a cure for this addition, but what Meateater stated is the only known cure right now. So please start a saving account to keep upgrading to bigger and bigger rigs. Then when you start cooking for all your friends, you will eventually pass on your addiction to others.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky