Howdy and HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

damrs

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
cfeee2fb_smoker1..jpg

adc5a4b6_smoker2..jpg

57abafeb_smoker3..jpg

29c1fba1_smoker4.done.jpg

Perhaps you may realize that with the effort put into

just saying HOWDY an what's dis stuff for

you may come to understand that there will be even MORE effort put into

making wonderful culinary delights that can tantalize the senses

so Please teach me cuz I really wanna learn.

BTW a link to a Manual may be a really good idea to start with.

cuz

I can't find one.

BRAVO, Best intro I have seen, very Creative!...Welcome to the SMF Family...I'm going to let one of the Brinkman boys help with your Smoker...But...We are all about getting you Smokng and Banging out some great food...JJ

Reactions: damrs
The 2 racks that are not grills for the smoker are RIB Racks. they allow you to stand racks of ribs up while smoking so that you can fit more on the smoker.

wow wee

ya found dat manual.

what a differance a picture makes.

an i see i have a rib rack to. {who would of guessed thats what that was}

well Im going to scoot out an start to clean dat sucker up

cuz dis is mighty exciting to me.

ders a lot more racks der dat are not in da manual

we can go over dem another time.

yet now ders hope dat dis is REALLY gonna be possible

THANKS to all who replied .. an replied so quick.

Damrs,as you learn, don't get in a hurry and mess-up a good smoke. get some good thermometers and be "Patient", ther meat will be done in it's own time,I'm not trying to discourage you, but no two pieces of meat are the same,so a good therm. will go a long way to helping you to get a good meal.

I have larger units than yours, but the theory is the same,get smoke on the meat
drool.gif

Have fun ask questions and enjoy you're new Odsession...

Oh, yes. I forgot to say,with what you are going to cook,you might need a bigger smoker
icon_exclaim.gif

Tell us where you are for extra info. on doing your cooks, if you are close enough ,I have a small(but bigger than yours) smoker for free if you want. If you are close enough , PM me and we'll get connected.Here's a shot of it...

Stan   aka   oldschool:

a48e8e60_parkdaywiththekids037.jpg

I'll explain how it works and Mods. to make it more efficient
icon_exclaim.gif

Good Morning...

lets see where to start today.

well first I suppose to say I made a boo boo

Did not mean to Do Da DREADED DOUBLE POST.

am on slowwwwww dial up so sometimes I lock up an well dat happen

so Thought dat had to start all over again. so could somebody Delete dat other room.

PLEASEEEEEEEE..

am gonna copy an past da stuff folks said der here cuz ders some good info I don't wanna loose

an some mighty nice howdys to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700  

Hi DaMrs, here's some reading that will help you in the right direction

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/90142/newbie-on-assembley-of-brinkman-smoker

welcome.gif
   to SMF Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf  

Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl  

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us! Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo  

Looks like you found a diamond in the ruff... looks like all the parts are there and looks like there's still a lot of life left in her....... Welcome to SMF and dont forget to fill out your profile

Happy smoking

Joe Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruiserguy  

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you with us.

Lots of stuff here to learn and plenty of helpful folks 

willing to share their knowledge.

Happy Smokin'

Mike
gosh double posting sure is EMBARASSING.. yet I try an never do da same boo boo twice.

now lets get on to da FUN stuff.

--------------------Quote:
Originally Posted by michael ark  

Here is some reading for you and 
welcome1.gif
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/se...sort=relevance&order=descending&Search=SEARCH
started reading all dis an its kind of over me head yet.

cuz ya gotta remember I JUST learned der is supposto be dat many parts.. yet I know this wll come in handy

once I get it smoking an understand da whys an where fors of such...Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq  

Damrs,as you learn, don't get in a hurry and mess-up a good smoke. get some good thermometers and be "Patient", ther meat will be done in it's own time,I'm not trying to discourage you, but no two pieces of meat are the same,so a good therm. will go a long way to helping you to get a good meal.

I have larger units than yours, but the theory is the same,get smoke on the meat
drool.gif

Have fun ask questions and enjoy you're new Odsession...
YES thermometers ARE Important. and I am going to Need a good one {dat don't cost an arm an a leg}

so have you got a link for a SOLID RELIABLE Dependable one that with proper care can last a while.Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq  

Oh, yes. I forgot to say,with what you are going to cook,you might need a bigger smoker
icon_exclaim.gif

Tell us where you are for extra info. on doing your cooks, if you are close enough ,I have a small(but bigger than yours) smoker for free if you want. If you are close enough , PM me and we'll get connected.Here's a shot of it...

Stan   aka   oldschool:

a48e8e60_parkdaywiththekids037.jpg

I'll explain how it works and Mods. to make it more efficient
icon_exclaim.gif
b7c06940_ohioorbust.jpg

0fd70b5f_Ohioor2..jpg

2fbca08d_Ohioor3..jpg

{yes I know dats not a smoker yet LOVE to start a day wis a smile}

DaMrs.

well da smokers SMOKING

so with BLISTERS ON ME FINGERS {from cutting all dem apple tree Branches yesterday}

This is Typed to you.

found your recipe for Chicken Breast wrapped with Bacon

at dats at 130 Degrees an still cooking...

so with Bake beans with hambuger on da stove all ready an Bake Potatoes in da oven

am thinking about TOMORROW.

have a small pork Roast tenderloin cut.

an figured would Brine it tonight.

{ok basic brine says 1 cup of salt per gallon water}

yet also read ya can add sweet.

well HOW ABOUT APPLE JUICE

got da trees so have da apples.

would da PULP FRESH Juiced appel juice be best or da apple juice with out da pulp

an what would be a ratio or recipe for an apple juice brine for a small tenderloin pork roast

to be smoked TOMORROW?

{yet dis chicken Is BEAUTIFUL} an can understand why a better thermomiter on da smoker is a good idea

an WHY ya keep such a close eye on it.

Yet it isent goofed up yet..

gotta go check da chicken.

please leave suggestions for apple juice brine

will be back Latter.

thanks

DaMrs.

Great posts DaMrs!  Keep it up. I'm guessing fresh squeezed will be much better and more concentrated. Use straight or cut with 1/4  distilled vinegar. Depends on the taste you want. Either way....send me some!

Mike

mmmmmmmmm good supper IM SO FULL

{{{Loosens belt buckle one notch.}}}

ok back to dis Brine for tomorrow

so what your saying is go with FRESH juiced apples

No Salt No Water. Just PURE apple juice?

{don't really want to add vinegar if I don't have to Dem Fireside apples are so WONDERFUL}

an da Jack la lane Power juicer makes short fast work of juicing.

NO SALT... NO BRINE ACTION...NO FLAVOR!!!....It is Osmotic Pressure caused by the difference in Salt concentration between the Brine and the Meat that causes Salt ,Herbs, Spices and the water or Apple Juice to get in to the Meat...Unfiltered Apple Cider is Great in Brines...add some Sage, Thyme, Mustard, some Cloves and Black Pepper....JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky