how much $ per pound for brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Albertson's in the dallas area had brisket on sale for .99. i was busy this weekend and couldnt buy any :cry:
\i think the regualr price ther is 1.59-179 then wally world is usually 1.29 or so same as sams.

I have to say I was pissed with I went to Sam's yesterday with their Brisket. They wanted $3 a lb and the briskets were no more then a inch thick. The top fax was paper thin. I do not even think you can smoke that. When I asked were they had a real brisket at they just said that is all they had and ever get.

I realy think this show I need to move down south. Our meat selection sucks up in northern IL.

veener88
What you need to do is tell the meat manager what it is your doing and what you would like for product, they can get it. Plan on buying a case the first time. What will happen as they open their eyes to market that is out there they will start having it on hand. There are others out there in your area that are looking for it also.
Jim

I did ask when I was there and I found out that they get all of theirs pre packaged. I found out unlike the Sam's I had down in MO they have not butcher or anything in site. I have 10 weeks before I go down to MO again to see some old college friends and thanks to the help on this board I am going to buy a case. I know they will be a lot cheaper to down there. Before this I did not even know that they sold meat by the case. I realy hope when I come home my car will be a lot more heavy.

I noticed at MY wally world that the price use to be $1.28 a pound. Then they went to $1.38 and finally $1.58. Well the other day, the brisket was $1.58 a lb on the label, but I noticed on the sticker on the meat counter, it was $1.38.

Now I say the sticker, this is the small sticker on the front of the rack that they scan when they order. I am thinking of getting one, and see what it rings up, then if it doesn't ring up right, complain...... sounds like a plan.

Then pull the rest out of the buggy.... all of them that is. The last time, I only got 6, and you should have seen the looks I was getting when I just kept pulling them out of the display.

Bill

mrgrumpy, I find that making friends with the Meat department manager has it's benefits- He'll order me my own case of meat-so far it's been whole chickens,, ribs, pork butts, pork cushion meat [for making my own sausage] and packer brisket. Plus, he'll let me know in advance when they are going to have a sale on the meats that I use for smoking so I can put an order in for a case.

Of course I feed him and his crew good too-thier eyes light up when they see me walking toward the meat department pushing a shopping cart with my cooler in it-they know it holds the lastest offerings from my smoker.

I just purchased one yesterday from the local butcher for $2.19 a pound, while that appears to be pretty good, I am seeing a LOT better prices here. Guess I'll need to do a little more shopping soon.

Went with the Bride to wally's world to make groceries last night and while in the meat section, I saw a 1 3/4 pound trimmed brisket flat for $5.58 a pound. Right next those were the packer brisket for $1.58 a pound. Was thinking about doing a brisket smoke for Fathers' Day but the Bride informed me in a not so suttle way that I WAS NOT going to fix dinner this Sunday!! :( Guess I'll have to figure out something else-meybe do some ABT's for appiteasers and then smoke some pineapple to go with vanilla icecream for after dinner.

Nice score on that American Kobe, Jim. Is it from the Snake River Farms? When is dinner? :D

I just order my Brisket yesterday from my butcher. Luckly for only $1.99 a lb for un trimed. Got the same guy that cut my clud. Doing it for fathers day. With my new meat slicer $10 at a garage sale for a 6 3/4" never used it should make for a good meal now this Sunday. I could never cut my brisket by had thin enough for my taste.

Well, here's a little update on what I found.

I found choice grade whole briskets for $4.49 a pound. These are fresh, and very nice looking. Pricey, but they seem very nice.

I've found a couple of fresh select, mediocore looking ones for over $5 a pound at the other local butchers.

And the local wall mart super duper grocery store has cryovaced, poor looking (I think they may be dog food grade.......) for $4.99 a pound.

It looks like no brisket for me.

Brett

I live in Western New York and BJ's wholesale had flats for $3.59 lb and Wal-Mart was $3.50. I debating wether to do a brisket for a family party next week or stick with shoulders and ribs.

One questions, will it say "packer" on the packaging? I am new to this and when I decide to do my first brisket, I want to be sure I know what to look for. Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky