How long can prime rib be stored before cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I'm planning on picking up a 10 lb prime rib tonight (on sale for $7.99) to cook and serve on Christmas.

If I vacuum seal it when I get home, can it be stored in the refrigerator or is my best bet to put it in the freezer?

Ask the store how long it's on sale for. Buy it couple days before Christmas if still on sale

Season it up with S&P, or Montreal steak seasoning & vac pack it, that way it will easily go until Christmas Day.
It will get some good flavor too.
Al

i let mine sit uncovered with the rub on for days so it drys on outside.. heck the dry aged beef is at like 42 degrees or lso for 45 days and it is the best and most tender you can get....but they lose a lot of weight...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky