How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a bicycle rider (road, recumbent) and my wife tagged me with this cycling moniker that has stuck with me for everything else..

Goatbiking. "It's not the size of the hills you climb, it's what you smell like when you're done".

Mine was originally ragabash, which was a kind of trickster, and fairly appropriate. However, every time I tried to use it, it was taken. I got fed up, and replaced the As with 4s and the S with 5. It's a pain to give to people, but no one else has it!

My husband gave me mine. I am always lurking about the kitchen getting into some sort of mischief.  He started calling me his little kitchen rat. It sounded like a good screen name so I went with it. When it comes tasting time he's the lab rat. lol

Well, I love the Pacific Island spices and foods during smoking.

As a backyard god of smoke, many a neighbor on a hot summer morning awaiting my smoke signals.

On one late PM, taking the shoulder out of the smoker. My wife was setting the picnic table.

A friend commented "how did you get your daughter to set a table' I could never do this.

I responded not my daughter but my wife of some 30 yrs.

OMG when you married her she must have been a kid.

He then stated what are you a god or something.

Thus began the legend of.

Jahunaman keeper of smoke and young thang.

I am known as bigwheel. It started a long time ago when some of the folks at work started calling me that as a humorous word play on my last name..Wheeler...coupled with my large biceps and vulgar bulge.

Just came up with my new screen name, watching BBQ Pit Boys YouTube videos. When it is time to eat all the boys come swooping in to eat. 

My new screen name is "BBQ Pit Vulture" .

Now I need to find a good Avatar.

OK,  got the name in the signature line at the bottom.

Anyone know how to change screen name

Last edited:
Several years and a couple of hobbies ago I started collecting and repairing mechanical wristwatches.  Seiko makes the Seiko 5 for Asian markets--a rugged, reliable and reasonably accurate and inexpensive mechanical automatic.  Not widely available in the US, but otherwise the watch equivalent of a Camry or Accord.   Ordered one from Ebay, then discovered that there are people counterfeiting Seiko 5's (mostly with Chinese parts)--mine came marked  "21 Jewels" on the dial, but "Sevesteen Jewels" on the exhibition back on the rotor.  I started using the name as a joke--but it wound up handy, as it is simple enough to remember but generally unused on a forum.  I wound up registering the domain name, and keeping the nickname even when I mostly gave up working on watches as a hobby. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky