How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Born & raised in Arkansas but have live in Alabama for 20+ yrs. I'm still an avid Razorback fan & have always felt stuck here. I use HogWildnBama in most sports forums so I just made a little change to it.

Mine is because I demil explosives for a living. Fun job. Leaving work after burning or blowing crap up can be a great stress reliever! 
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Reactions: friesian rain
When I started communicating on the internet I started using screen names to describe where I lived. My first one was CantonBob when I lived in Guangzhou China. Then I changed it to BobMUC when I lived in Munich Germany. Next was BobHAJ when I lived in Hannover Germany. By that time I knew where I was going to retire to, Minot, ND. So when I lived in Taipei Taiwan for my final assignment before retiring I didn't change it to Taipeibob.

Been born and raised farming everything from cattle, horses, tree fruit to wine grapes.  Guess it is in my blood. 
smilie_flagge13.gif
Welcome John!!!

Be careful how much of that grape wine you get in that "Blood".

Also stop by "Roll Call," and introduce yourself, so you can be properly Welcomed!!

Bear

I got mine by smokin a lot. I started smokin meat when I was about 10 yrs. Old and have'nt stopped since and I'll probably be smokin meat til the day I die!
Please take a moment and stop into " [color= rgb(146, 144, 139)]/[/color][color= rgb(128, 0, 0)]Roll Call[/color][color= rgb(146, 144, 139)]/[/color]   " and introduce yourself and get a proper welcome from our members.... Also, if you would note your location in your profile, it will help in the future when answering questions about smokin'...   elevation, humidity etc....    

We're glad you stopped in and joined our group...    Enjoy the long smokey ride....     Dave

Years ago I used to bowl and I was in a tournament when I had to bowl against the other teams anchor, as was I, to win the game I had to strike out.  The next game and then the 3rd game all ended the same I had to strike out to win, as it happened I did and the captain of the other team said that I had delivered the KO to his team and cost them a place in the finals.  My teammates called me the KOKID and it has stuck for the last 50 years.

The first meat I smoked was a pork shoulder also known as a pork butt. then went on to ribs then chicken and fish but the pulled pork from them first butts are still un forgettable.

Oh yes the name.... Moe is always getting prank calls from Bart Simsion and one of the calls has Moe saying he's looking for a Seymour.....  Seymour Butts. Bart had other ones that I found funny too.  So Butts made me think of Bart's prank calls to that gullible bar owner Moe at Moe' Tavern.

The nickname cometh from my German lineage, and as such Der Oberst = The Colonel. My grand Father fought in WWII my Dear ol Dad fought in Korea and Vietnam, I was in Europe, along the East German Border in the 80s, now both of my sons are in the Army, with tours in Iraq , so as the name says, I'm a Veteran with German heritage, but love to Smoke on my grill, and drink the Craft Beers and various other Darker stouts and porters.

Zum Rauchen und Bier Trinken

Mine isn't a very original nickname. I've been called Rickster by friends and wherever I've worked. Several people who were being "cool" would greet me by saying "Da Ricksta"! and I always liked the sound of that. I made it one word with the one capital letter--R--just to make it easy and cool-looking.

It comes from the early years of the Beetle Bailey Cartoons.

It is what Otto, Sgt. Snorkel's dog, would say when was frustrated or mad with the Sarge.

It was kind of a replacement for the symbols and such you see in other cartoons when you guess the character is cursing.

Kind of unique--so I stole it.

Mine depends on your knowledge of Division II Schools.  I am an alumni of Pittsburg State University located in Southeast Kansas, and the mascot is the Gorilla.  I didn't misspell Pittsburg, that is the correct spelling.  In fact, while attending Pitt, I was on the Track & Field team, and at one of our meets we competed against Pittsburgh University and they stole a bunch of our track apparel because it was missing the h. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky