How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine is the same one I've been using since the Internet became cool back in the 90s. Back in the days of dial up, aol, & chat rooms lol. Anyways, I needed a screen name to join yahoo so I decided to use a college nickname the guys in my fraternity gave me. It was taken and yahoo suggested I add numbers, so I used the year my frat was founded. Thus, Hova1914 was born. I've used that name for everything online ever since.

Can't believe I hadn't stumbled on this thread before now. It's a great one!

As for "rabbithutch" - well my given name is Robert (changed to rabblt by someone many years ago) and I'm a "Hutch" as in Starsky and . . . .

It's also the name of the pen that rabbits are kept in . . .

I got my name from all the goose jerky i make during waterfowl season ! I love to goose hunt and one thing led to another!

I have been in the Navy for 28 years.  the first 12 years were as an enlisted sailor, Hospital Corpsman First Class (HM1), in 1997 I received my commission as a Navy Nurse Corps Officer as and Ensign (ENS), therefor I went from HM1 2 ENS = HM12ENS.  A combination of my enlisted rank and my commissioning rank.

I have been in the Navy for 28 years.  the first 12 years were as an enlisted sailor, Hospital Corpsman First Class (HM1), in 1997 I received my commission as a Navy Nurse Corps Officer as and Ensign (ENS), therefor I went from HM1 2 ENS = HM12ENS.  A combination of my enlisted rank and my commissioning rank.
But your username is Johnny Rodgers.
icon_question.gif

That's why Chief's run the Navy...We train the Junior Enlisted and the Officers. Hence where I got my username.

No offense...sir. Just good ole Navy humor coming at ya.

Chad

I tried jimmyb  but it was already taken, so I added an h and it worked LOL. My first name is jimmy. My confirmation name is Benedict. The first letter of my last name is H. Hence jimmybh.

Hey Deer Meat, Where did you get the picture of my friend "Oink Johnson".. I love to see the pig smiling, especially  when he is clothed in smoke and barbacue sauce.LOL

My name was given to me by a co worker who would call me that due to him knowing i didnt like rap music thinking it would irritate me!

My screen name is dedicated to my late, great Golden Retreiver Sierra who passed away last year.  You can guess her favorite beverage.
cheers.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky