How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My screen name is a play on words: 1) Living in The PNW, alder is my wood of choice, 2) When it comes to flavoring food, there is no greater alteration made than that produced by smoke!

I fly experimental/ultralight aircraft....my very first ultralight aircraft was named a "weedhopper"....hence the name "flyweed"..it stuck and have used it since the mid 90's on just about every forum I am on

Dan

My screen name came about when I started out a Professional eater.  I go by wing kong, and I love to eat and do Triathlons.  While doing an interview on ESPN for Nathans hot dog eating contest, I was asked "Why would someone put there body through those to extremes.  I told them because I was a conundrum...the 54 is simply my HS and College football #

WELL,THE WAY I CAME UP WITH MY SCREEN NAME IS BY THE TYPE OF MUSIC I LISTEN TO.I ACTUALLY GOT THE NAME OR TERM BLASTMASTER FROM A SONG FROM JUDAS PRIEST.THE SONG IS CALLED"ALL GUNS BLAZING",AND THE TERM BLASTMASTER IS IN THERE.I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYBODY WITH THIS AS A SCREEN NAME AND I THOUGHT I WOULD USE IT AS A SCREEN NAME.I WENT THROUGH AS A WHOLE LIST OF NAMES EVEN NAMED UP ONES AND NONE WOULD JUST FIT.SO BLASTMASTER  FIT AND I RAN WITH IT AND I HAVE BEEN USING IT SINCE.SO THIS HOW I GOT MY WEIRD, OFF THE WALL SCREEN NAME.

I see this is an old thread but it is interesting to see how people come up with there handles...

let's revive it new guys!

My screen name came from my catering co.

Schmedley P Schmuckmeisers BBQ

I'm one of the newest members, on here, but I like this thread, and find many of the answers interesting.  My screen name is a direct reflection of who I am, and what I like to do.  I'm a Karate instructor,
64.gif
 hence the title "Sensei", or "Teacher", which is what we are called by our students.  Next,"Rogue", is just a shortened version of a screen name I started using on another website, "Roguewavetoo".  A roguewave, is a wave that comes out of nowhere, and will literally tip boats over; either sailboats, or power boats.  I wasn't the first "Roguewave" on the site, hence "Roguewavetoo".    Being the creative cook that I am, I always try to put my own spin on any recipe, just like a roguewave, only I do it in a positive way. 
439.gif

Last edited:
Like WhitetailFreak....an avid bowhunter and enjoy smoking meat...including deer.

My name is Howard and i'm a smoke-aholic.

Last edited:
My screen name came about when I started out a Professional eater.  I go by wing kong, and I love to eat and do Triathlons.  While doing an interview on ESPN for Nathans hot dog eating contest, I was asked "Why would someone put there body through those to extremes.  I told them because I was a conundrum...the 54 is simply my HS and College football #
My names obvious. Conundrum was the code word the government used on "7 Days" when Frank Parker went back in time 7 Days to save the world.

Back in the day, when I actually worked on the shop floor, everyone had a nickname. It was kind of a right of passage. Once you were named you were accepted as one of the guys. It seemed to give everyone on the jobsite the knowledge that you were easy to work with and would not cause any undue problems….When my time came up, one of they guys came in with a little small 2” tall Shoney’s Big Boy and said that it looked like me….and well that was the end of that….14 years later and a new position, the guys still call me ShoneyBoy!!!!! Since most of the old timers have retired, we have not been carrying on this tradition as much…..It’s sad to think about sometimes, but I have the memories and knowledge that these guys accepted me as a friend and coworker over the years…..  

I live in a small town.  There are a few of us foodies around, but no place for us to get nice stuff.  No restaurant supply stores, no meat markets, no gourmet grocers--we were all getting frustrated watching the food network and not being able to get the ingredients they all take for granted.  So I started a blog (that reminds me...I haven't posted in FOREVER, eek!) based on the concept that we could create great dishes/meals with ingredients available at WalMart...and so the SuperCenter Chef was born...

I live in a small town.  There are a few of us foodies around, but no place for us to get nice stuff.  No restaurant supply stores, no meat markets, no gourmet grocers--we were all getting frustrated watching the food network and not being able to get the ingredients they all take for granted.  So I started a blog (that reminds me...I haven't posted in FOREVER, eek!) based on the concept that we could create great dishes/meals with ingredients available at WalMart...and so the SuperCenter Chef was born...

Love that name btw. :biggrin:

Back in the day, when I actually worked on the shop floor, everyone had a nickname. It was kind of a right of passage. Once you were named you were accepted as one of the guys. It seemed to give everyone on the jobsite the knowledge that you were easy to work with and would not cause any undue problems….When my time came up, one of they guys came in with a little small 2” tall Shoney’s Big Boy and said that it looked like me….and well that was the end of that….14 years later and a new position, the guys still call me ShoneyBoy!!!!! Since most of the old timers have retired, we have not been carrying on this tradition as much…..It’s sad to think about sometimes, but I have the memories and knowledge that these guys accepted me as a friend and coworker over the years…..  

Funny - out here in the West they are Bob's Big Boy - They were actually started in 1936 in Glendale Ca 

Neat story 

I have always been a gearhead and I'm a bit of a Chevy nut. My first car was a '48 Chevy. After getting married our first car was a '55 Chevy. The '55, '56, and '57s  were known as "shoebox Chevies". I own a 1930 Chevy and the old chevies were called stovebolts.

Chuck

I looked deep inside my soul and meditated for a long period of time.

Mine is a combination of Bubba and Bonehead. Both alone could be fitting, together it's dialed in.

Or it's the last thing I typed before I stopped getting that "already used" message.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky