Home Depot is cooking something up with Kingsford

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by backyardsmokin, May 17, 2013.

1. I just aw this about 1.5 hrs ago at my local Home Depot.  Each pallet is marked "5/23 event", so something tells me that these 2x20lb bags are not going to be $19.97 come the 23rd.  I am thinking in the $8-$10 range, otherwise they would have not stocked up this much.

Unfortunately, the people at this store were tight lipped about future sales.

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

will be watching the ads

3. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

points for you... keeping my eye out.. need some... thanks ByS...

4. Guys I work for THD, just gunna say, empty your car trunks lol, too bad personally I hate Kingsford and prefer RO

5. I am a recent convert to pellet, but if I was still using charcoal I would have been clearing a space in my garage.

Side note, will THD ever start carrying pellets?

6. No clue, however I can pass that along as an idea to stock. I can even say I got a forum full of ravenous smokers that demand pellets, hey, you never know lol

Barry

7. pkerchef

pkerchef Fire Starter

I hope they run it on sale. I ran out of last years stock about a month ago.. When they run these sales i buy 300 pounds and put it in the shed. Pkerchef

8. It's the memorial day sale it happens every year. 5/29 is memorial day.

9. 5/27 is Memorial Day this year. I'll be checking this sale out for sure!

10. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If they run it for $5.99 for two 20lb bags, then they will need more than what was in the photo! 

11. dougmays

dougmays Limited Mod Group Lead

this is awesome! i will certainly load up the back of my truck!

12. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Coolness....will be going and getting some too.

Kat

13. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I always load up with about 200 lb. when this sale comes up..... and also the sale for the 4th of July.

14. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Today is the day! Off to Home Depot for some Kingsford.

15. Got 5ea. double 20 pound bags about an hour ago for $9.88 ea. double pack.  Works out to $4.94 per 20 pound bag.  Great deal!

16. dougmays

dougmays Limited Mod Group Lead

Got my 200lbs:)

17. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

I've been using only lump but it looks like i'm going to have to go blue for some cooks.