Hickory Smoked Stuffed Burgers & Stuff For Memorial Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Middle of Nowhere, South Central PA
This year I didn't have a bunch of people over for Memorial Day so I decided to do something simple...

I started by putting a few hickory pellets in the AMNPS & lighting both ends.

I then put some of my burger in the smoker to get some good smoke flavor - the smoker was not turned on.

I cut a couple spiral dogs & put them back in the fridge.

At this point I cut up some Vidalia onion & cooked it. It was about an hour & 45 minutes that the burger was in the smoker so I got it out & started some Stubbs.

It was then time to start stuffing burgers...

I forgot to get a pic of the start of the burger forming but here is the Vidalia onion

& in the burger.

I added some smoked sharp cheddar

& mozzarella too.

After that I pressed a top on it & gave it some spices.

I made 3 more stuffed burgers & 3 regular burgers for them to tower over & then the charcoal was ready.

Here are all the burgers on the grill.

& here they are with the spiral dogs, a few regular dogs & an Italian Face Melter that I made 
th_violent5.gif

Now everything is off the grill & ready to eat 
banana_smiley.gif

Here is one of the stuffed burgers.

Nice & thick & juicy.

Makes a nice sandwich 
biggrin.gif

Here is my plate - stuffed burger, spiral dog, Italian Face Melter, BBQ chips, plain chips

baked beans & macaroni salad.

Closer look at that Italian Face Melter. Mmmm...

& here is a closer look at one of the stuffed burgers 
drool.gif

Then it was time for dessert...

Earlier today I made some of my Easy Chocolate Mousse

So I had to have a couple of these after my meal 
smile.gif

These things are very hard to stay out of!

Closer view - very good dessert!

& that's it for my easy Memorial Day Meal - thanks for checking it out 
beercheer.gif

Reactions: joshpiper
Holy big burger. Love it.

Great meal man

Looks like my menu tonight too.

icon14.gif
 Niiiiiice!

Hope you didn't dislocate your jaw bone eating that burger! Now that's a burger!

That all looks great. I have to get one of them Burger Stuffers...

Just a word of Caution!,,,There are many REALLY BAD Bacteria that multiply to huge numbers at temps between 85 and 115°F in as little as 1 hour! While the bacteria will be killed when you cook the burger, the damage may already be done as some bacteria generate deadly Toxins as they do their thing. These toxins are not destroyed by heat or at least not by the temps that we most often enjoy burgers at. Cold Smoking is not recommended for uncured ground meats of any kind, but if you must do it, because they taste great...Make up the Stuffed Burgers a day ahead and FREEZE them. At Frozen temps the burgers will take an hour of heavy smoke at summer time cool smoking temps with a Greatly reduced risk to you and your loved ones health. The still partially frozen Smoked Burgers can then go directly on the Grill to finish as desired. This can be done with any burgers, stuffed or not as a 8 to 12 ounce partially burger will cook in a time frame only slightly longer than defrosted burgers. Stay Safe this Summer...JJ

See this post for greater details...http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/163310/smoked-burgers-tasty-or-toxic

Last edited:
Nice meal as usual SB ! All of it looks awesome & that Italian Face Melter has me intrigued, I love spicy food ! Thumbs Up Looks like some good eatin with the final plated pic & that dessert..... Yum ! Great job ! :2thumbs: :cheers:

That all looks great. I have to get one of them Burger Stuffers...

Just a word of Caution!,,,There are many REALLY BAD Bacteria that multiply to huge numbers at temps between 85 and 115°F in as little as 1 hour! While the bacteria will be killed when you cook the burger, the damage may already be done as some bacteria generate deadly Toxins as they do their thing. These toxins are not destroyed by heat or at least not by the temps that we most often enjoy burgers at. Cold Smoking is not recommended for uncured ground meats of any kind, but if you must do it, because they taste great...Make up the Stuffed Burgers a day ahead and FREEZE them. At Frozen temps the burgers will take an hour of heavy smoke at summer time cool smoking temps with a Greatly reduced risk to you and your loved ones health. The still partially frozen Smoked Burgers can then go directly on the Grill to finish as desired. This can be done with any burgers, stuffed or not as a 8 to 12 ounce partially burger will cook in a time frame only slightly longer than defrosted burgers. Stay Safe this Summer...JJ

See this post for greater details...http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/163310/smoked-burgers-tasty-or-toxic
Thanks Jimmy 
smile.gif
  I should have been a little more specific in my post. This was burger that I ground myself & that I know was handled properly & it was frozen when it went in the smoker. That's why it is all in clumps in the picture - I hacked it off a bigger chunk. I use a mailbox mod so the AMNPS adds no heat & the hottest my smoker got inside was 74* at the end when I got the burger out. I didn't think I was doing anything dangerous the way I went about it... 

Nice meal as usual SB ! All of it looks awesome & that Italian Face Melter has me intrigued, I love spicy food !
icon14.gif
Looks like some good eatin with the final plated pic & that dessert..... Yum ! Great job !
2thumbs.gif
cheers.gif
Thanks Justin 
smile.gif
  Yeah I was stuffed! I have the recipe for my Italian Face Melters & Extra Hot Italian in this thread  if you're curious...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky