Hi from Arizona

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reddigreen

Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Gold Canyon, Arizona
My name is Frank. I live in Gold Canyon, Arizona. Retired and loving it. Own a Masterbuilt MES 30(of which I am not to pleased) Thanks for all the tips on how to use and fix my MES 30 and recipes. Interests include making sausages, hams and smoking in general.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful chilly and sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.         Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Hi Mike   Thanks for the reply. You asked why I am not thrilled with my MES 30.  Please don't misunderstand and think I am a grouch or worse.  The unit would shut off on it's own, reset time and temp  and does it all over again. Installed new controller, set temp to 225 and it went over 275 before I pulled the plug.l Have been through 3 MB replacement controllers( counting the original). Last time c/s tried to sell me a frame kit for $180.00 and I swap out parts. That's more than what I paid for the unit new. 

Long story short, bought a WILLHI  WH1436B (HD) versioncontrol on Amazon for $32.00, wired it in and works like a champ. Case closed.

Good afternoon Gary                Thanks for the welcome. Yes, there is lots of good info on this site. I am grateful for the repair info plus the "how to do it tips" and the love recipes Frank

Hi Mike   Thanks for the reply. You asked why I am not thrilled with my MES 30.  Please don't misunderstand and think I am a grouch or worse.  The unit would shut off on it's own, reset time and temp  and does it all over again. Installed new controller, set temp to 225 and it went over 275 before I pulled the plug.l Have been through 3 MB replacement controllers( counting the original). Last time c/s tried to sell me a frame kit for $180.00 and I swap out parts. That's more than what I paid for the unit new. 

Long story short, bought a WILLHI  WH1436B (HD) versioncontrol on Amazon for $32.00, wired it in and works like a champ. Case closed.
No worries Frank!  I'm not familiar with the electrics at all, but they're are lots of successful MES users on the site. Glad you got it worked out, and looking forward to your contributions.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky