Here is my Merry Christmas from the Wife Unit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ewetho

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Kankakee, IL near Chi-Town
It is an MES30 Model 2007011 featuring two shelves and a 1800 Watt element. Should be fun.

Oh and according to the thermometer, the water boils in my house (at an of elevation approximately 500 ft) at a grand 250 degrees! Yeah!

This is the one that was at Gander Mountain for ~$100. My first Smoker. Yet to be seasoned and cook but Christmas is coming soon enough.

Here is the Outside

934c6780_MES3020070111Exterior.jpg

And the insides too

d1725250_MES3020070111Insides.jpg

Last edited:
Sure is nice and clean, tell the wife you need to season it try it out at lease once so the Christmas meal will be perfect.

Well seasoning is done. Supposed to let it run for 3 hours with last 45 minutes of smoke. I gave up waiting and added the wood chips for 3 hours after 1 hour of heat. Had smoke till the end when I put water on the chips to put them out, but it never got that hot. The manual electric only has a dial and Low-Med-High and was supposed to be done on Med and I went to Med-High. I know the gage reads high (water bath tested) so just under 225 is not very hot when measuring boiling water it was a 250. I was on an extension cord and from previous research on this site I am sure I need a better (heavier gauge) one and will see what happens then.

Here is the seasoning run.

e590ddf2_MES20070111Exteriorduringseasoning.jpg

Good amount of smoke when the door opens.

67a51b7b_MES3020070111Interiorduringseasoning.jpg

Was still smoking after at least 3 full hours on top of the burner. I did soak them per the directions.

43023c5f_MES3020070111Woodchiptrayafterseasoning.jpg

Old No. 7 Brand does have a distinct odor. Nice! Got to like a whiskey cask for wood chips. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky