here is my first attempt at a brisket ( with a little help from my friend )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
I have been wanting to do a brisket since I got my smoker, but the prices I have been seeing were 4.50-5.50 per pound. Sam's had them cheaper but they were always out. My wife went yesterday and they finally had them, she said they were all pretty small, she dug through 21 of them to find the biggest and it is 6.3 lbs.

I really loved erain's last brisket, so I got with him and he took me under his wing and it is on the smoker as I type.

I scored the fat, and then seared the heck out of it on the kettle, burned half the hair on my hand and forearm and my index finger is still burning, But this thing smells wonderful, and its not anywhere near done yet. I really think we are onto something. THANKS ERAIN !!!

Here are some pics, I will have more in a little bit.

Looks like you are off to a great start on that brisket! Can't wait to see the end result!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

MMMmmmm Brisket ,my new found love
biggrin.gif
Just did my first one and allready looking forward to my next one
icon_smile.gif

Looks like you are off to a great start
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Keep the camera rolling
wink.gif

looks great so far K!!! you are going to have some killer sammies if the rest of the smoke goes to plan!!!!

Good job so far and a good teacher.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

here it is at 170, I broght it in to wrap it. It is smellin sooo goooood!!!

I think were eating good for dinner tonight.

well,, it's all done know, and I have to say, E, you are the man. Thanks for the tips on this, it is just wonderful. The only thing that comes to mind is someones sig line on here I saw a while back and it said " you don't need any teef to eat my beef ". That says it all, and it was delicious.

hope you all have a good weekend

we ate slices tonite but tommorow it gonna be sammie day for sure.

Looks very tasty, tender and juicy! I was surprised at the brisket prices you quoted and showed! I've been paying around $1.69 per pound, and up to 50 cents/lb less in case quantity. I have a whole flat that is looking for meaning in it's existence, and I may well have just found it in your example.

Krusher!!
That briskey looked just like E's! Great job!! I am dying over here!!
Yummy!! so many cuts... so little time!!...
You are going to have beautifulicious sammies....rock on!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great. Must say, I've never seared a brisket, but may be something to try. My mouth is watering, just looking at the pics!
Brookshires here has briskets (packers) for $1.27 a pound this week. Even for flats, don't know if I could go $4.00!!!!

Looks great nice job and some fine eating
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky