Help with a meat grinder.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe a Kitchen Aid with grinder attachment ? Cabelas has a sale on their grinders with free shipping(not sure about Canada though). 1/2 HP grinder for $319. They are good grinders!

I was hoping to buy a LEM grinder today, cyber Monday, but Cabella's prices have a larger discount today. I have used LEM but not Cabella's but I have never had a bad product from Cabella's. Much like LLBean's QA.

Gonna think on it today...... Like to keep all to one manufacturer, but ........

Last edited:
Go for it! Good way to get started.
sausage.gif

Gander mountain has a commercial grade 1/3hp grinder for 249,99 50 dollars off 250 dollars spent and free shipping over 50 dollars So it looks like you can get a comercial grade stainless steel grinder right at $200 and a 50 cent pack of hooks or something....lol

Last edited:
You will not regret getting a dedicated stuffer. I always recommend to people to go ahead and get one. Makes it enjoyable and not a chore. The plastic gears on that stuffer have been known to fail but I can't see that happening unless popeye had too much spinach and ran out of meat to stuff.

You will be happy with those two purchases.

Much better than messing with the Kitchen Aid attachments or trying to grind and stuff from a grinder.

Welcome to your new addiction!

Good luck and good smoking.

Stx-3000 turboforce for $169 on Amazon. I've had it for about a year and really like it even with having to use a transformer here in the UK. I'd recommend getting a lem 5lb stuffer if you want to make lots of sausage. You can stuff with the stx but it's more convenient with a seperate stuffer

You are smarter than me. I just recently bought a dedicated stuffer. Now I wonder why it took me so long. There is a HUGE difference in texture of your sausage, time to do other things, and inappropriate language.

I have that same stuffer.. and it's in need of new gears as they have stripped and broke... my suggestion would be.. when you make snack sticks to water down your meat mixture... and be careful when you get to the bottom and not over crank when piston hits the bottom...

Check Academy if you have one close by. Where I live you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. I checked a few and found this for $60 bucks. I don't process whole deer or dinosaurs or anything like that so this is great for my needs.

I got this at a local Academy too:

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...Black&N=329212067&Ntt=sausage+stuffer&Ntk=All

It does have that large horn in the bottom, but it didn't leave as much as I thought. I like the idea of metal gears for that price.

Found this one... Thoughts? Really tempted, for the price, and a 1/2 hp motor, dont think I can loose.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200451267_200451267
Will likely pair it with this
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200449319_200449319

Exact same setup I have, works great for me ! I personally could not justify the bigger, higher $ grinder & stuffers for what I do ! Not knocking at all the other brands, I just don't grind & stuff enough to justify the higher cost is all !

Grease the piston and o-ring and sides of the canister.... I use Crisco... others use food grade spraying oil... etc.. you can probably use bacon grease or lard but the parts DO need lubrication....

Does anyone use the sausage stuffer on the harbor freight meat grinder
Need some help with that
And sorry to jack ur thread don't know how to of my own

Does anyone use the sausage stuffer on the harbor freight meat grinder
Need some help with that
And sorry to jack ur thread don't know how to of my own
First off welcome to SMF Jeff and were glad to have you aboard...Can you swing over to roll call and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome and don't forget to fill out your location in your profile........

Thanks and happy smoking

Joe

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/174707/get-a-dedicated-stuffer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky