Hello from SW Missouri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sasquatch68

Original poster
Dec 13, 2018
Sup. Sasquatch here. Been smoking meat for 4 yrs now. I love to smoke. Haven't got the courage up enough to try a brisket, but have smoked the crap out of ribs and chicken. Ha. Look forward to being part of this forum and seeing everyones great ideas. I just bought my first pellet grill, a Yoder Y640, and still have my old faithful offset, off brand. Haha. Anyways thanks for allowing me on.

Reactions: SonnyE
Welcome Aboard from Wisconsin!

I think people over play how scary a Brisket is! I'm far more confident I can do a Brisket then fall off the bone Ribs!

Reactions: Sasquatch68
Sasquatch68,
Welcome from Virginia... don't let brisket intimidate you! It's not that hard. You have a good smoker and years of background...lots of good advice here...make it a Christmas present for yourself.

Again, welcome and remember if there aren't any pictures it didn't happen.
Teddy

Sup. Sasquatch,
Hi, and Welcome to:
small-logo.png

You know, if you have to smoke the crap out of Ribs and Chicken, you may want to consider changing your meat source.
I've eaten some mighty tasty crap in my day, but I don't necessarily make it one of the things on my shopping list.
Unless it's spring, and I'm waking up my garden... Then I make some manure tea.
:emoji_laughing: Hey, you opened the door. I just stuck my boot in it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Welcome to SMF from PA. Strap in tight because u will get so many ideas & info from here you will be thinking about them when doing other things. Yes addictive to say the least.

Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Don’t let the mysterious brisket warnings hold you back. I just did my first last night. I prepped, and studied, and watched way to many YouTube videos. It’s not a scary cut of meat. I enjoyed cooking it and wish I hadn’t waited so long to try one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky