Hello from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bumpman

Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Wife and I made kielbasa last weekend and she prefers smoked not fresh sausage..........so now we have a smoker. Have all ready found this site very informative but am such a novice. Many, many questions to be asked. Maiden voyage was 4 links of sausage and a couple boneless pork loin chops. We are using a 34' Smoke Hollow Smoker. Very little info came with this outfit. More like none!

Welcome to the forum

Here is a link that give a little information about their smokers:

olp-inc.com

If you have the 34" I'm assuming it is a vertical gas unit similar to my Camp Chef Smoke Vault. If you have any questions ask away and the people here will be more then happy to help.

Howdee! Welcome to SMF from Lake Orion. I don't run that particular smoker, but I do make a bit of sausage. OK...alot. And other stuff too. Sign up for the 5 day ecourse here...good stuff and Smoke on Michigan!

welcome to the SMF bumpman! I'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the best meat smoking forum on the internet. Also, I heartily support Richtee's suggestion regarding the five day smoking course. It's full of great information. So, don't be a stranger. Let us hear from you often.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have a Smoke Hollow #5. If you do any reading on the site it is pretty much the same as what is called a GOSM here. Next time I use mine I am going to try sand in the water pan due to advice I got here. I feel it might help in the winter. Welcome again and some things you have to try soon if you haven't had them are a fatty and absolutely, pulled pork, mine and my families favorite. There is a tutorial here by Jeff on how to use a GOSM that I found helped me a lot because like you said It is a great smoker but it comes with very little info. Get yourself a wind break and go smokin!

Welcome to SMF! We're glad to have you aboard. There are lots of friendly people here who are ready and willing to share their experience. So make yourself at home and don't be shy about asking questions.

Hello to everyone. This is my first time ever on a forum and this one seems very cool. I'm just at the tip of the iceberg with what a grill or smoker can do so please bear with me. I just graduated from burgers and hotdogs and now working on chickens. I already have alot of questions.

Welcome to SMF, MudHen! We're glad to have you aboard. Make yourself at home and look around.

If you start your own thread, people will be more likely to see it and give you a proper welcome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky