Hello all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cgorell2012

Original poster
Apr 19, 2017
Wisconsin
I ordered my equipment that I thought was need to start this great hobby. A LEM #8 meat grinder, Hakka 11L meat mixer, Hakka 7lb stuffer, Igrill2 thermometer, and last a 2 door 38" Smoke Hollow propane smoker. And now the fun begins.
My first cook in the smoker was great 14lb pork roast 7lb of spare ribs and 4 lbs of brats. Our whole family were licking their fingers all day. Started the cook at 10am brats came off around 1230pm ribs came off around 345pm and pork 730ish pm. Worked a few days. Made 10 lbs of snack sticks just used some Lem casings and Backwoods seasoning. Did an 80 burger 20 pork mix for 5 lbs the other 5lbs 93/7 burger. Smoked 2.5lb each and cooked the other in the oven. Once again everyone loved them the smoked snack sticks the best. Worked a few more days and ordered supplies from waltons (received supplies very quick.) The next day off I made 20lbs summer sausage. I also used some high temp cheese (I recommend going to you local meat counter grocery store $5/lb.) 20 lbs summer sausage smoked and done. By now my wife is telling me i have an addiction. I said when the freezer is full we will worrie about it (thinking of a second freezer now Haha just kidding). My last cook was great also 17 lbs ribs and 10 lbs chicken. And a wrap up of my equipment. Hakka mixer and stuffer work great. Lem #8 meat grinder works great. Smoke Hollow 38" perfect size easy to use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky