Having problems with AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well Scarbelly it was a good idea.  I suspended a cooling rack underneath my waterpan using paperclips and sat the amnps on it.  I lit it from both ends and had 4.5 hours of nice smoke.  This is closer to what I was expecting.  I left the original chip pan in place and didn't add a brick or sand to it.  Adding either of these might help but I am not sure if I really could get much more than 4.5 hours from both ends.  I will try to take a picture here in the next day or two and post it in cast others are having the same problem.  I am planning on getting to lowes to buy some hooks to replace the paper clips.  Thanks again.

That's Great Tank----Scarbelly to the rescue !!!    
super.gif

Bear

Well Scarbelly it was a good idea.  I suspended a cooling rack underneath my waterpan using paperclips and sat the amnps on it.  I lit it from both ends and had 4.5 hours of nice smoke.  This is closer to what I was expecting.  I left the original chip pan in place and didn't add a brick or sand to it.  Adding either of these might help but I am not sure if I really could get much more than 4.5 hours from both ends.  I will try to take a picture here in the next day or two and post it in cast others are having the same problem.  I am planning on getting to lowes to buy some hooks to replace the paper clips.  Thanks again.
Glad it worked for you. My thought on the paperclips was to use the big ones and use the smaller bend on the AMNPS which would allow the bigger end to slip over the ribs on the shelf and still be flexible enough to move in or out to adjust for the width difference but looks like you got it figured out on your own. Nice job - 

I spoke with my Attorney today, and he's now including the "Paper Clip Hangers" into my patent, and you all are now infringing on my patent.

Letters will be arriving soon.

LMFAO!!!
icon_lol.gif

TJ

Tank,

I've got the same smoker and am having the same results.

I too tried placing the AMNPS on top of 2 fire bricks in the chip pan.

(I first tried just placing the AMNPS inside the chip pan-the pellets caught fire very quickly)

Here's a link that shows my setup in one of the pictures:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...rd-wasnt-stuffed-but-i-sure-am-lots-of-q-view

I was trying to keep the water pan where it is-but can I switch the chip pan and water pan locations? Since I'm using the AMNPS-I don;t need the chips pan close to the flame.

If I switch the places-I imagine the water will boil away extremely fast, though!

thanks,

Ken

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky