Has anyone ever done this(lots of pix)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanx tim- that would also work great on quail,dove,or turkey... have ya ever sown baits fer fishing? cause i think ya would be good. clean,&tight,& fast.they swim different but those are great laces.

Close, but not quite. It is a whole intact deboned bird.

Here's a link that shows how to spatchcock.

Spatchcocked chicken is just the backbone removed, then the bird is layed flat. What Okie did was debone the whole dang bird... somehow. I've heard of it being done, but have never done it... mainly because I don't know where to start and no idea how to finish...
confused.gif

Start by cutting the backbone out, keep the knife tilted slightly toward the bone, and I bet you'll figure the rest out.

I intend to enilst a little help from the Smoky Okette (as photographer) and post a play by play. It's just a tad difficult to schedule that much time together during waking hours lately.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky