Happy Forth of July! What are you smoking this weekend (in the smoker that is)?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not smoking, grilling. 

Started with a 4-bone prime grade rib roast.

Cut into 2-1/2" steaks, about 2 lbs apiece.

And just before they hit my buddy's New Braunfel. (Along with a couple tenderloin cuts.)

Sorry, no pics of the finished product, but they were great, and we were pretty lubed. This fed 10 people easily.

Last edited:

Hi all! First and foremost I want to wish you all a Safe and Happy 4th of July!

I'm looking at doing a butt, some burnt ends, maybe some beer braised chicken and beef jerky. I can't wait! Love, Love, Love my smoker!!!!

Gonna be chillin' tending the smoke and drinking a few ice cold Sam Adams Porch Rockers (SO GOOD, if you haven't tried them DO IT).

What's on your menu?

Voodoo7......Out!
Thanks for starting the thread,I added some more to my do list.Happy 4th Everyone

Richie

Just cooked up some SPOG chicken, ABT's, and more pineapple bacon bites. Sorry for no pictures but it was amazing.

Pulled Pork: 2 Picnic Shoulders (wet-to-dry smoke chamber method) smoked with cherry, hickory, mesquite and apple in the SV-24 @220-225* with a jacked-up version of my Hawg Heaven Rub, rested elevated on a grate covered with towel to preserve the heavy, crisp bark I created.

3 whole yard birds smoked @ 300* in the Weber 26" kettle with hickory, apple and cherry, glazed with sauce @ ~160*, finished @ 170+.

Sides: smoke/roasted un-husked whole ear corn in Weber 18" kettle and a steamed veggie dish with green cabbage, butternut squash,yellow and green bell peppers, yellow onion, celery, baby carrots, fried bacon chips, sauteed baby Portabella mushrooms (sauteed in bacon grease). A guest is bringing Spanish Rice.

Dessert: Watermelon and ???

Just about to sit down for dinner in a bit, after pulling the shoulders and cutting-up the yard birds...corn is just about ready, so...we could use a few more guests to help eat all this food...
biggrin.gif

Eric

Last edited:
Reactions: voodoo7
Here's what I made yesterday for the family. Ribs, brisket, homemade hot links, moinks, abts, seasoned corn, red potato salad, baked beans, garlic butter texas toast and a few different sauces. Served with some Devil's Spit pickles and raw onion. This was but a small sampling of what I cooked ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky