Happy Forth of July! What are you smoking this weekend (in the smoker that is)?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

voodoo7

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 24, 2015
Hi all! First and foremost I want to wish you all a Safe and Happy 4th of July!

I'm looking at doing a butt, some burnt ends, maybe some beer braised chicken and beef jerky. I can't wait! Love, Love, Love my smoker!!!!

Gonna be chillin' tending the smoke and drinking a few ice cold Sam Adams Porch Rockers (SO GOOD, if you haven't tried them DO IT).

What's on your menu?

Voodoo7......Out!

Reactions: tropics
I put a 5 lb pork shouder and a 3.5 lb brisket on this morning at 6:00 am.  Its not 11:00 am and my mouth is watering!  Hoping for some delicious sandwiches over the weekend! 

Reactions: voodoo7
I think I might do chicken or ribs... something that wont take too long.  There is far too many fireworks, and too much beer to spend too much time with the smoker. 

smilie_flagge13.gif

Voodoo - I've never done a brisket before so I'm little nervous.   Its been on for a little over 5+ hours.  Its a 3.5lb flat. I had my smoker between 230 and 240, when the brisket it an IT of 165, I wrapped in foil and put it back on.  It was an hour or so and the brisket hit 190 but when I inserted the probe, it seemed tough and I was surprised it was at 190.  I checked a couple of spots it didn't just slide in.  But, I still pulled it off the smoker and wrapped it in towels and put in in the cooler for a few hours.   Will it tender up?  Could it be its just going to be tough?

On the flip slide, the shoulder is going great.  Its been sitting at 165 for a bit, so might be stalling but I'm in no hurry as this is for the weekend.  Snuck a piece off the end and its might tasty!   

Sweet! I may try ABT for the first time.

After sitting it should be good. The residual heat should take it where it needs to be. I had to pull my last one off at 180. It wasn't fall apart done but, done nonetheless. It still was awesome!

Not actually using my WSM this weekend but i am throwing a party for my nephew and we are gonna grill mixed kabobs on my weber OTS Kettle.

We are gonna have skewers of cut up beef roast, cut up chicken thighs and jumbo shrimp with sweet onions, peppers, and mushrooms, squash, and some corn on the cob grilled. i will try to have pics next week.

I've been smoking ribs every 4th for the past 3 years.  Our condo balcony overlooks the park where they shoot the fireworks off at.  so it's a perfect excuse to smoke ribs and drink beer all day.  Bought my ribs and Bells Two Hearted last night.  

That's great. I use to have a grill on my deck and it was the best. Grilling and having all of the neighbors that didn't have won envious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky