Ground Beef Jerky 2 ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I am wanting to make some venison jerky but trying to find a recipe I like first so using beef. I used tallbm tallbm recipe and Jerkyholic's Original Ground Beef. I mix in a mixer really good. For jerky I want it to get tough. Let mix sit overnight for cure than used jerky canon to form.

IMG_20230614_085843619.jpg

Smoke with Lumberjack CB dust at 140 for 2 hours and 160 for 4. Carlo's is very good. The jury still out on the Jerkyholic's Original. Will try again tomorrow after resting. I did not have red curry so used yellow but not sure that it make much difference. I love curry but maybe not so much in jerky. I like ground so much better than muscle.

IMG_20230615_155739918_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I am wanting to make some venison jerky but trying to find a recipe I like first so using beef. I used tallbm tallbm recipe and Jerkyholic's Original Ground Beef. I mix in a mixer really good. For jerky I want it to get tough.

View attachment 668013

Smoke with Lumberjack CB dust at 140 for 2 hours and 160 for 4. Carlo's is very good. The jury still out on the Jerkyholic's Original. Will try again tomorrow after resting. I did not have red curry so used yellow but not sure that it make much difference. I love curry but maybe not so much in jerky. I like ground so much better than muscle.

View attachment 668012
Mmmmm that jerky looks good!

Glad my initial recipe is working out well. If you have any notes or tweaks let me know. I think mine is about spot on other than maybe a little less heat for when others are going to eat it. For me, it was about right but I need a 2nd batch to compare for consistency purposes :D

Looks good. I'm due to do some more asian pork jerky as I'm out. I'll have to give ground jerky a go sometime.

Looks really good Brian. I bought a Cannon a few years ago planning on making Kielbasa. Just never got around to doing it and the cannon still sits in an unopened box on the shelf. May have break it out and make some jerky.

Point for sure
Chris

Some nice looking jerky Brian. I've never used ground for jerky, just eye of round or something similar. One thing is for sure though, yours is much more consistent in shape than mine ever is :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Mmmmm that jerky looks good!

Glad my initial recipe is working out well. If you have any notes or tweaks let me know. I think mine is about spot on other than maybe a little less heat for when others are going to eat it. For me, it was about right but I need a 2nd batch to compare for consistency purposes :D
Going to have to make couple adjustments for the venison I getting ready to make. I making for old guy on the river. Was a little to much for him. Think I cut back on black pepper 1 gram and a little on cayenne. The black pepper is a bit strong.

Going to have to make couple adjustments for the venison I getting ready to make. I making for old guy on the river. Was a little to much for him. Think I cut back on black pepper 1 gram and a little on cayenne. The black pepper is a bit strong.
It may be a bit too spicy or even peppery for some yeah. Wonderful for me. Take note that if anyone is sensitive to a little heat, they won't be stealing all your jerky with this recipe :D

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I prefer whole muscle jerky, but Nesco original makes a really nice mild venison jerky.. it is about the only ground jerky I really liked after trying several brands and recipes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky