Great way to end the day/q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daboys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2008
Ft. Dodge Ia
Well, I finally got the butt pulled. It was 7lbs. Started at 6 AM and took it off at 7 PM. Let it rest for little over an hr. Used my little electric smoker because of the gale force winds. Smoked at 223-237 with lump and hickory in the chip pan till foiled. Mopped/A.J and the Capt.

rubbed with Jeff's rub last night

out of the foil

and pulled ready for tomorrow

13 hr. Butt! wow. looks good. I can't help but notice, did ya score the fat cap? Or are those marks from the grate and then the turn?

Good job on the long smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Oh man, that looks good! You really going to wait til tomorrow?
biggrin.gif

13 hrs is right. Last one was 8 lbs and only took 9 hrs. Had 2 stalls on it that each lasted at least 2 hrs. Last one never did. The fat cap? Well actually, saw a pic of one of yours, so thought why not? Gotta help get the flavor under there. Thanks.

Yeah right. Not me. Wife is working so I had to have a sammy.

Looks great I honestly don't know if scoring the cap helps I'm gonna try on one tomorrow but it sure makes it look pretty

mighty fine looking vittles you got there..enjoy your work..and the scoring is good looking to boot..

thats cool, I'd score yours a 10! nice job for sure!

Nice!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the QVIEW.

That's how the wife had it this noon. I just got back from a long breakfast ride, so I'll have some tonight. Time for a nap now.

On this butt I used my electric smoker. I use a loaf pan and fill it with lump coal and hickory chunks, put it right on top of the heating element. Spritz, spray, mop, whatever you want to call it every hr. Actually get a better bark with my SnP.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky