Gotta have a mini!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Getting the charcoal basket together. Held together with cable ties till I get some rebar wire. I will be buying a welder in the near future then it will be welded.

I want to have it done this weekend so I can take it with me on Monday when I head back it for work. In case I can't get any ball valves will it work if a just put holes for now?

Yes it will, you can damper using the lower vent. You will definitely want an ash guard or you'll spend a bunch of time clearing the vent holes.

One thing it's nice to have the pipe nipple handy when drilling the holes. You want the hole to be snug enough that the nipple will thread in tight.

Then you have the mini's bigger brother!

Wow, I can't believe that nasty graffiti, won't your homeowner's insurance cover that? I guess if nothing else you can paint the whole center section yellow. At least you'll know which school kids did it, DN ( Downtown North?), doesn't look like a common abbreviation. At least they didn't paint them all!

I know the no galvanized rule and didn't even pay attention at the hardware store. I think I'll have to use brass if I can't find black pipe. Is the black cast iron maybe?

OK I'll see what I can find tomorrow at Lowe's. Got my bolts for the grill rack and my wire to hold the charcoal basket today before taking the boat out.

Wow, I can't believe that nasty graffiti, won't your homeowner's insurance cover that? I guess if nothing else you can paint the whole center section yellow. At least you'll know which school kids did it, DN ( Downtown North?), doesn't look like a common abbreviation. At least they didn't paint them all!
LOL.. I should have left a note for them to do the other ones the same way! 

OK I'll see what I can find tomorrow at Lowe's. Got my bolts for the grill rack and my wire to hold the charcoal basket today before taking the boat out.

Lowes has black pipe and ball valves. You could use gate valves too. Quite a bit cheaper. I have gate valves on my UDS.

I found some gas pipe valve's on sale at my ace. Can you post a pic of the ash guard your talking about? I'm going to use the steamer insert
as my heat deflector is that going to work?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky