Got my 250 tank and My first build begins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
the tank doesnt weigh that much but i am a big guy. I rolled it to the back yard but without the doors. Like i said i am a big guy. 6'3" and about 300lbs. So I can move some weight around. I would still get a couple of guys to help.

The pitch on the plate ws 6 degrees going down away from the smoker. So when you design the smoker make sure you that you incline it from 5 to 8 degrees so that you can tilt the smoker about 3 to 5 degrees. It also depends on the position of the firebox. so take a little time and think it through.

yes, it is very important to fill the tank with water then cut. Before I filled it i pressure washed it through the openings then dumped the wash out about three time. A basic triple rinse. Then fill with water and cut. i made sure it was full to the top so no fumes can build up. Then after i cut the doors i set a fire when it sat for about 2 weeks.

I may be wrong but heat rises and it will follow the draft regardless of the pitch, so even if your plate drops down a few degrees, the heat will easily move under the plate and out towards the stack.
Maybe the real experts can chime in

almost done with the side kick grill she will searing steaks in no time.
now i need ideas for charcoal trays. Need help

at the home stretch now. What would be a good distance from the cooking surface to the coals. 6in or 8in I have 10 1/2 the bottom.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky