Good value thermometer to check out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine was spot on, on both. I used it the other day making Mozzarella  Tested it against my other temp gauge was about 1/2 degree difference

Gary

Case what's your boiling temp out there...205-206?

208-209 depending on the Barometer. Which I didn't check and run through the calculator I've posted here before. If it had been off by much more I would have.

I can tell you this, the Indigo Blue Thermowand is the freaking fastest around!

Keith we should try and be more secretive, these super Mods are starting to know too much!

Just a little Jab Adam, no harm
Intended!
Lol, when they're flying around in those capes it's awfully hard!  

I think Adam is thinking he had enough bbq tools but just one more never hurts!  He might have to suspend his Amazon acct. though if he can't control himself. Lol ;)

You can never have enough BBQ tools and stuff,  Just ask my wife, she says "Where are you going to put this stuff"

Gary

So mine failed in the dishwasher! I contacted Lavatools and they said they're having trouble with the manufacturer getting every unit watertight and told me that we're dropping the claim that it's dishwasher safe. They were apologetic and nice enough to offer me a full refund or a replacement. I decided to take the replacement and just not put it in the dishwasher anymore. 

Just a heads up.

Last edited:
When I did my review, I read on the package that it was Dishwasher Safe, but never even thought about actually doing it. I Thought It Was Strange To Even Make That Claim, 

I think they are doing the right thing by removing that claim.  I think "Water Resistant" would be better.

My opinion

Gary

I have had this model for about six months now and I can tell you that it has performed flawlessly.  Although I have not put it in the dishwasher, why would you???

When I did my review, I read on the package that it was Dishwasher Safe, but never even thought about actually doing it. I Thought It Was Strange To Even Make That Claim, 

I think they are doing the right thing by removing that claim.  I think "Water Resistant" would be better.

My opinion

Gary
Exactly----My watch is waterproof, but I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher, but then I don't think Timex was ever dumb enough to claim they were Dishwasher Safe!!!

Bear

Timex   Takes a licking and keeps on ticking,  remember when they put it on the boat prop.  My BIL worked for them for years in Little Rock. I have still got a couple of Two of a king watches he made. One for him one for me.

Gary

Pick up the Master Forge quick read pin thermometer from Lowes for $10. Very accurate at 32 and 212.
030698057598.jpg

I've been borrowing my chef's therm at work, my local restaurant supply store has been out for a while now. I stopped in today and they were in stock! They were listed at $25 and I usually get 10% off for being a professional culinarian but my chef told me to ask for the company discount 20% off! They gave it to me...

With tax and out the door $21 and change!

e9e0589fdc5db52ed72287a1a72a38f0.jpg

Sorry for the double post! Stupid phone...

Why did I want this therm? Because it's designed to fit here:

The shoulder pocket of my jacket!

Ice water test: 32.6

Boiling water test: 212... No, it's 211.9... No, its 212... No, it's 211.9 ... (my job is at 15 ft. above sealevel).

I think I got a keeper!

Last edited:

You can never have enough BBQ tools and stuff,  Just ask my wife, she says "Where are you going to put this stuff"

Gary
Two Father's Days ago my wife set me in style with BBQ stuff. I got a rib rack for my Weber One Touch Silver, BBQ gloves, a Barbecue University ballcap, rubs and spices, a Weber lid holder, a charcoal rake, a cooking grate lifter, a beer can chicken rack, about three BBQ cookbooks. I tell you, it seemed like I was opening gift after gift; an embarrassment of riches.

That's what you do, Gary: get the wife to supply you with stuff. If she omits anything, there's your reason to buy it! "You got me all this, honey, I might as well buy this and then I'll have everything I need." Which you both know isn't true because you never have everything you need.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky