Good news and bad news on the Ghost Peppers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just aired on the local news that the decade wait for consistent new variety was now the hottest in the world. Ed Currie's Pepper X 2.7 million SHU. He's been selling his green sauce for a couple years I think. Pepper X may be given a name since the variety has been passed as it's own.
I think his newer Apollo sauce uses pepper x

Reactions: dr k
Ok I mixed it all up but I have a sneaking suspicion that Huy Fong uses a BOAT LOAD of garlic in their Sriracha because I used 7-cloves in a cup of peppers and it's still not "there."

My recipe so far:
1-cup of fermented ghost peppers
7-cloves garlic
2-teaspoons organic sugar
1/2-teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2-teaspoon granulated onion
About 6-tablespoons white vinegar.

I have slightly more than1/2 cup of thick, hot-as-a-mo-fo, instant hiccup, sauce.
View attachment 678749
After an overnight rest, I tried some on some scrambled eggs - flaming hot but fermenting ghost peppers definitely aint my thing. 🤮

Edit: In frustration, I added another teaspoon full of organic sugar (recall I only have about 1/2-cup of hot sauce) so it now has 3-teaspoons of sugar in it, and I dumped about a teaspoon full of granulated garlic in and gave it a stir. Actually has hints of Huy Fong! It is rippin hot but I did not want to toss it so at least now I can use it - sparingly...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky