Good evening!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

relic1882

Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Pennsylvania

Hello everyone! Bill here. New to the smoking community. I live in northeast PA. ,I'm running a modified Oklahoma Joe Highland that I bought at the beginning of summer. So fat, I've cut tuning plates, made a charcoal basket, lined the doors with heatproof gaskets and installed a clamp on the chamber door. So far so good. I've done baby back ribs, country ribs, chicken legs and thighs, and today a brisket flat. I've joined this forum not too long ago and I'm learning a lot. I've always liked to grill, but now I'm ready to keep bumping it up to the next level. Thanks for having me!

I've attached my maiden brisket pictures for you guys. It's the first flat I've made (I couldn't find anywhere that sold full packed this week) and it turned out tasty! It's not quite as tender as I would like but it is delicious. I cooked it at about 230 degrees from 9am to 3pm. Hit a major stall around 1pm so I decided to wrap it in some foil and it pushed past it in pretty good time to 190. I couldn't resist eating it so I only let is rest about 45 minutes. The pic I took is a late pic. The brisket is about room temp at this point but I couldn't help slicing off pieces and eating it while I did cookout cleanup! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky