Gochujang Korean boneless country ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Bought some country pork ribs (basically from a pork loin) and with BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma posting some Korean cooks he peaked my interests. Had a pound of Gochujang paste shipped in from Amazon (OK double ordered so 2 pounds).

Made a glaze of Gochujang, cranberry sauce, soy, rice wine vinegar, ginger and added some G. Hughes S/F sweat chili sauce and reduced it down.
sauce.jpg

Sauced up the ribs before the smoke, no rub or any prep before going on.
1ribs.jpg

On the MB 800 with cherry and hickory chunks at 250, then kicked it up to 350 at the end.
2ribs.jpg

Plated with a store bought vinegar Cole slaw that I kicked up with the G.Hughes sweat chili sauce and hot chili oil to perfection.
plate.jpg

Have to tell you, I some how ordered 2 lbs of the Gochujang paste on Amazon and I think I am keeping both! There are sooo many directions I want to use this stuff on, cheese steaks, beef ribs,, burgers...............

Looks delicious! Oh no... another add to the shopping list and need to make list!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Looks good. I got hooked on Korean food a little over a year ago when I started watching a very popular couple of guys on youtube called Korean Englishmen. They are younger guys that grew up with Korean food and started sharing Korean food in London then it really blew up.

It started with Gochujang and Ssamjang then went on from there.

Nice lookin ribs
Thanks, they were good
Looks delicious! Oh no... another add to the shopping list and need to make list!

Ryan
Yeah Ryan add it to the list, there are other Korean fermented pastes out there too!
Looks good. I got hooked on Korean food a little over a year ago when I started watching a very popular couple of guys on youtube called Korean Englishmen. They are younger guys that grew up with Korean food and started sharing Korean food in London then it really blew up.

It started with Gochujang and Ssamjang then went on from there.
Thanks Chris, I will have to look them up.
Looks great, love sweet chili sauce.

David
Thanks David, I like the sweet chili sauce and did help to tame the spices in the rest of the sauce.
Looks tasty! Boy that a lot of paste. I have a new container I need to open.
Well you started this Brian...lol, I am waiting a bit to decide If i am going to return the other container. This batch of sauce used 4 tablespoons alone and it does last in the fridge.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks delicious Cliff. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow Cliff, I am duly impressed. Those ribs look amazing...as does the salad. I've recently had a couple of successful Asian themed meals and now you got me heading to Amazon. Guess what I'm planning to put in my cart :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Awesome work! I think Brian got me hooked on the gochuchang last year🤣 I use it for a lot now, but definitely shines on pork! I like the sound of that sauce, I’ll have to try to find a similar recipe! Unique, fun, and beautiful cook! Great job!

Nice job on the pork. I love most Asian food especially the fusions.
No kimchi?
Of all things Korean, kimchi is the tops. Hmm, the use for your second pound of paste to try a crock of kimchi?
Wife, "what did you bury in the backyard"
Me, "a crock of pickled cabbage." "I'm not practicing to bury the evidence."
Wife, "what evidence?"
Me. "just in case."

Looks delicious Cliff. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, can't wait use it on a kettle cook.
Man that is a great looking meal.

Jim
Thanks Jim
Wow Cliff, I am duly impressed. Those ribs look amazing...as does the salad. I've recently had a couple of successful Asian themed meals and now you got me heading to Amazon. Guess what I'm planning to put in my cart :emoji_wink:

Robert
Yeah Robert I have a couple of yours bookmarked. I can't wait to see what you come up with so I can bookmark them as well...lol
Awesome work! I think Brian got me hooked on the gochuchang last year🤣 I use it for a lot now, but definitely shines on pork! I like the sound of that sauce, I’ll have to try to find a similar recipe! Unique, fun, and beautiful cook! Great job!
Thanks Jed, just starting this flavor journey
Nice job on the pork. I love most Asian food especially the fusions.
No kimchi?
Of all things Korean, kimchi is the tops. Hmm, the use for your second pound of paste to try a crock of kimchi?
Wife, "what did you bury in the backyard"
Me, "a crock of pickled cabbage." "I'm not practicing to bury the evidence."
Wife, "what evidence?"
Me. "just in case."
Thanks John, I fully intend to use kimchi...not sure if I will make it or just buy it, need to do some research

Looks amazing Cliff! I've just recently started using that paste as well. I believe I got the urge from Brian as well.
I used some on shrimp the other day. Loved the profile it gave.

Good looking CSR's Cliff, nice work! I've had a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce in the pantry that I've been wondering what to do with, now I know. RAY

Looks amazing Cliff! I've just recently started using that paste as well. I believe I got the urge from Brian as well.
I used some on shrimp the other day. Loved the profile it gave.
Thanks Steve, can't wait to see other options to use it with.
Good looking CSR's Cliff, nice work! I've had a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce in the pantry that I've been wondering what to do with, now I know. RAY
Use it Ray, although this paste is quite different and can't really be used straight. Needs other ingredients to temper it out.
Looks fantastic! I love the smokiness of Gochujang!
Me too, I was surprised to see varying levels of carbs in different kinds of paste, also some elude to possibly being made with shrimp...that is a no go for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky