Get out the bibs, Boys and Girls! Post your favorite Mini-WSM Q-view here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just received the last components for my mini today!!

After veiwing all these pics and literally drooling from the mouth I cant wait to get this thing made and start learning to smoke.

Dirtsailor looks like you must live a very happy life indeed!! So much nice food
Thanks Floyd!

Cant wait to see your build!

Thanks Chase! I'm hoping to do some dry ribs for the super bowl, will see. Can't decide between that or chicken wings. Anyway, love this thread and all the beautiful q-view!

That's one of my favorite combos to do, ribs and Scarbelly wings!!!! I'd do both! I planned on wings but all the stores here are only selling the parts and pieces again, no whole wings. They did the same thing last year!!

That's one of my favorite combos to do, ribs and Scarbelly wings!!!! I'd do both! I planned on wings but all the stores here are only selling the parts and pieces again, no whole wings. They did the same thing last year!!
It's so funny you mention that about the wings..I had to go to 3 different grocery stores before I found whole wings!! I guess they assume everyone is making buffalo wings for the game!

I like the idea of doing both, but I only have one rack in my mini at the moment, so don't have the space. I'm going to fix that this Spring!

It's so funny you mention that about the wings..I had to go to 3 different grocery stores before I found whole wings!! I guess they assume everyone is making buffalo wings for the game!

I like the idea of doing both, but I only have one rack in my mini at the moment, so don't have the space. I'm going to fix that this Spring!

I finally found 5 packs at one store, I bought them all!!! I'd be getting that second rack in there today!

Awesome wings! Perfect!

I'm traveling over this weekend.  We ordered a few wings last night.  They were good and everyone commented on them.  But once  you've had them made on a MWSM then all others are just "ok" 

Don't think the wife would like me blow torching her food.   
wife.gif

Tasty looking bird Keith!
Thanks Case!  425 worked out good but i'm gonna try 450 ish next time and see what it does.  I'm just gonna do drumsticks and thighs next time i think. 

Mmmm...nice color!! What did you use as a coating on the chicken?
 Thanks suie, It had a Jamaican jerk dry rub, then sprinkled with panko and sprayed with olive oil.    Next time i'm gonna try spraying the oil before the panko also so even more will stick on.   So it'll be rub, spray, panko then more spray. 

This came out so good i think it'll how i'm gonna do fried chicken every time.    The only thing is the smoker needs to get HOT!

Thanks Case!  425 worked out good but i'm gonna try 450 ish next time and see what it does.  I'm just gonna do drumsticks and thighs next time i think. 

Thanks suie, It had a Jamaican jerk dry rub, then sprinkled with panko and sprayed with olive oil.    Next time i'm gonna try spraying the oil before the panko also so even more will stick on.   So it'll be rub, spray, panko then more spray. 

This came out so good i think it'll how i'm gonna do fried chicken every time.    The only thing is the smoker needs to get HOT!
Probably my all time favorite chicken is oven fried. I was going to give it a whirl this weekend in the Mini! You beat me to it! General recipe is to coat with seasoned flour (paprika, salt, pepper, garlic). I do this in a ziplock, or paper bag. Few pieces at a time and shake. Use a 1/3 cup butter or shortening, in a shallow pan. Place pan with butter/shortening into a 425° oven. When melted add chicken. Cook for 45mins. Flip and cook additional 15 minutes. This could be done in the smoker with a foil pan. I guess one could do like you did too and spray the chicken or baste with the melted butter. Then go direct on the grate, maybe baste or spritz again with more butter during the cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky