From central Kentucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kyholler

Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Greetings from Woodford County, Kentucky! I am a nearly retired, disabled veteran with a passionate longing for all barbecue pork and chicken thighs, but also for Texas sausage. Several years in Austin and Waco gave me a nearly insufferable craving for sausage a la Texas, and I still pamper myself now and then with a long distance purchase of Elgin or Black's. A Lang Patio Model came to live with me last year, and we are still having doubts about one another.  My wood preferences are hickory, white oak, apple and cherry, generally in that order, although I take what the Fates bring me.  There's nothing quite like nursing along some chicken thighs--for early--and a butt for later, on a hot summer day here, with an ample supply of ice cold Modelo Especial!  Happy to be here, y'all!

Welcome to SMF!

I have a Lang too, they are a great smoker.

Believe it or not I'm sipping a Modelo Negra right now!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky