Fritz's mini WSM build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I decided to go with some smoked chicken breasts.  We always have them on hand.  I used the recipe in Jeff's book.  I have them on the smoker right now.  I'll post Q-views when I finish smoking them.

I was looking for something to smoke that was going to be relatively quick and easy.  I decided to go with the smoked chicken breast in Jeff's book.  I mixed up the spices and allowed them to sit for about 45 minutes.

I used apple wood and kept the temperature at 240-260F.  After about an hour and 30 minutes I put in a probe and the breasts were 170.  So a little over cooked.  But we ate them just the same.  The recipe calls for a little cayenne pepper, I went a little light, but the family thought it was a little spicy.  I liked it but will drop down a little on the cayenne.

I had issues keeping the temperatures down.  It kept going up to 225 or higher.  I added some snow to the water pan and was able to keep the temperatures down to 190-ish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky