Flour Tending

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Getting my flours all tended up to and checking for any critters. None to be seen.
No moistness or clumping.

Also cut a few new labels.

Trying to get some movement back into my shoulder.

20221210_201421.jpg

20221210_201613.jpg

Looking good. It looks like your flour is well organized and ready.

Me, too. Started PT this past Wednesday. Will be doing 3 sessions each week until...
Shoulder surgery is painful, this one way worse than my left was. The collar bone grind and the screws are what's hurting. PT lady told me to take pain med 1/2 hr before I come in...... I only do 1x week for 16 weeks.

Hope you mend up fast.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Little more straightening up.

The mixer by my teal mixer is a Bear hmj dough maker/mixer with ferment function, microcomputer timer face up touch panel.
20221211_142433.jpg

Nice! Great to see folks with various flours. Mine tend to AP, bread, whole wheat, 100% rye, buckwheat, semolina, rice flour, etc.
I purchase food safe 2 and 5 gal buckets from CAL RANCH. They have a rubber gasket hard seal lid that snaps on top, with a rubber gasket screw top center. It holds a 25 lb bag of flour easy. If you buy flour in 25lbs, which is common for AP amd bread flour, it is often 1/3 the price or less. There is also a rubber nipple to let gas in, like how you inflate a soccer ball or basketball. This lets you inject nitrogen to displace O2 and stop oxidation, staling, and rancidity.

Bucket and lid are just $10, nitrogen can be gotten at any welding supply.

Everything you ever wanted to know about long term bulk food storage can be found at providentliving.org , the Mormon supply site that supports their "6 months food supply in stock" thing.

Nice! Great to see folks with various flours. Mine tend to AP, bread, whole wheat, 100% rye, buckwheat, semolina, rice flour, etc.
I purchase food safe 2 and 5 gal buckets from CAL RANCH. They have a rubber gasket hard seal lid that snaps on top, with a rubber gasket screw top center. It holds a 25 lb bag of flour easy. If you buy flour in 25lbs, which is common for AP amd bread flour, it is often 1/3 the price or less. There is also a rubber nipple to let gas in, like how you inflate a soccer ball or basketball. This lets you inject nitrogen to displace O2 and stop oxidation, staling, and rancidity.

Bucket and lid are just $10, nitrogen can be gotten at any welding supply.

Everything you ever wanted to know about long term bulk food storage can be found at providentliving.org , the Mormon supply site that supports their "6 months food supply in stock" thing.
We have 3 years worth of food storage, Got military kids so we are stocked.
And I am Mormon. (even though I have not been to church in years)

BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker Thats a ton of food, good on you!
That is a great site, one of my very favorite for both food AND general life preparedness, so hopefully some other folks will enjoy it and get good use there :) I figure with your title "flour tending" that folks looking to maintain food supplies will read it, and probably wouldn't know about that website.
Best regard!

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky