First try with A-Maze-N smoke and cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your cheese looks great, i just tried my first cheese smoke and used apple sawdust in the amazensmoker and unfortunately it tastes like an old match.  The smoke flavor came out very stale, specially in the aftertaste.  I did gouda, mozz, cheddar and sharp cheddar.  Its too bad since it was so much cheese but I think the issue was too much smoke, next time ill try to keep it down a little.

maybe in a couple weeks the cheese will mellow enough to eat.

Your cheese looks great, i just tried my first cheese smoke and used apple sawdust in the amazensmoker and unfortunately it tastes like an old match.  The smoke flavor came out very stale, specially in the aftertaste.  I did gouda, mozz, cheddar and sharp cheddar.  Its too bad since it was so much cheese but I think the issue was too much smoke, next time ill try to keep it down a little.

maybe in a couple weeks the cheese will mellow enough to eat.
Stecker25

From what I've heard and this isn't from experience, you need to let the cheese sit for a week or two for the flavors to develop. The waiting is the hardest part. I'm still waiting for it to cool off here in TX before I want to try my AMS on cheese. From what I've read if you smoke string cheese you can eat it right away, but the other types you should wait. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky