first time for everything this weekend! first time abt cook!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinadam

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Appleton,WI
Today while still up north trying to not have the weekend end I decided to make some abts for the family. First time and went simple. Cream cheese and colby jack mixed with onion and garlic powder. Stuffed up some jalapeno then piece of smoked sausage from local shop and wrapped bacon.
Before going on
Almost done before hitting gas grill for 5 minutes.

Had good reviews from the family even with a few jalapenos that made noses run a bit. They're a ready talking about sweet peppers added to the menu for the 4th July weekend.

Won't be last time I make these!

Good job!! They can be somewhat addictive. Try scraping the satiny surface off the inside of the jalapeños. It, the seeds and the white membrane contain 99% of the heat. A word of caution: wear gloves and some sort of eye protection. I scrape them with the side of a spoon and the juice always manages to squirt right at my eyes. And it will burn your hands.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky