First smoked beef mock chuck tender roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

short smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 16, 2017
York, Pa
Did two mock chuck tender roast tonight with bacon wrapped around them. Injected both with different marinade, then wrapped in bacon. Put on the smoker between 250 to 270. Occasionally climbed up to 307. Cooked to internal temperature of 145. Bacon was crisp but little chewy. Used hickory wood chunks and some apple I had left over. What you all think? Input please.

Looks tasty!

It is a tougher cut, but works well as you cooked it. Sliced really thin makes good sandwee's or slice a bit thicker across the grain can be a bit more tender.

Is there a way to slice a tougher cut of meat really thin without a meat slicer that's what I was thinking of doing for sandwiches maybe next time I'll have to try that. I cut them all about quarter inch or so thick for steaks

Is there a way to slice a tougher cut of meat really thin without a meat slicer that's what I was thinking of doing for sandwiches maybe next time I'll have to try that. I cut them all about quarter inch or so thick for steaks
I hand cut all my meat, the boss wont let me get a slicer!

Key to thin slicing is having the proper type of knife. A really good sharp "slicing" knife or as I prefer a butcher knife.I have a 8" and a 10" dexter-russel

Freezing the meat for 45minutes-1 hour prior to slicing can also help. But a good sharp knife is key and it needs to be long enough to make the cut.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky