First mullet test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The whole thread will be up shortly in the fish section, with more pics.

To answer your question....Awesome.

The mullet are running right now in Florida so they are reasonably priced(2.98/lb)

We ate smoked mullet for 3 days.

Enjoy

Al

Last edited:
This reminds me of the time I first tried a mullet...

Ok..just kidding, that's not me. But you gotta admit...it's kinda funny. 
biggrin.gif

Interesting what a difference a few hundred miles makes.  Up here (NJ, NY) mullet are no more then about 5-6in long and we use em for striper and bluefish bait. 

There are a few different fish species called mullet. In nc we call them virginia mullet, sea mullet,king fish. Up north they call them whiting...... I think what you have is a [size=-3][size=-3][size=-3][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Striped mullet (Mugil cephalus), black mullet, and fatback[/font][/size][/size][/size]. I netted about thirty in my cast net about 20 inches long in one throw last week ay carolina beach.. the were chasing the thread fin  shad.......

how was the taste.. I havent tried them... I threw them all back accept a few for cut bait.....

Joe

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky